Stuck on "COBY"/won't shut off and (Ithink) in Mass storage mode..screwed?

Classicmm

Dec 23, 2011
Been up all nite trying to figure this out, eyes are gettin crossed! Just finished creating a backup with CWM and was cleaning up data/cache and dalvik (think this is where I screwed up accordin to a post I've read). Rebooted and now I'm stuck on the COBY screen. Finally got paranoid enuf (screen burn in?) to where I took cover off n disconnected battery. Downloaded ADB/SDK, but computer wont recognize device. Even tried KWA's method of arrow up/enter, still won't boot to recovery. Does my USB driver need to be updated, old computer. Isn't that part of the ADB/SDK stuff? Computer "sees" the drives (pops up under my computer), but that's as far as it goes. I'm gettin desperate as this was a gift, not to mention possibly being out some $$.

BTW, it's a 8127/rooted and running stock ROM

Flashing my Thunderbolt like it was a fix n not one issue, hope someone can help me out with this.

Thanx for any help

Was thinking bout it, title probably should say USB Debugging "unchecked/off" instead of mass storage.....

Last edited:

Classicmm

Dec 23, 2011
OK, back at it. Still reading up and trying to find a solution. Tried ADB commands and nada, comes up with "error: device not found"

Anybody???

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
do u have back ups for your rom? or u can try to search on coby site if there is a release of OFW for that coby then u try to install it again.

Classicmm

Dec 23, 2011
do u have back ups for your rom? or u can try to search on coby site if there is a release of OFW for that coby then u try to install it again.

Thanks for the reply. I do have BU on sd card, just can't get to it