Stuck on the future of reading

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I want to go back to stock,I did the 8 reboot thing and after the eight I got on the screen:a new software update is being installed.This will take a few minutes, -then it turned off,I rebooted and it got stuck on the welcome to the future....and it's still showing the android.Waiting to charge it and for instruction.The 8 reboot thread wasn't saying anything about the sd card.I have one inside, should I have taken it out?
L

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
with 3 consecutivfe boots it tured off but when I attached the chargver it went on again and it is stucked there on the nook color ..

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Did you ever install CWR? If so you may need to follow the guide for removing it.

JP

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
no I never did, that's why i did the 8 consecutive boots

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Have you tried the 8 boots again? That should clear it. If not we might have to walk you through creating a bootable SD and flashing a clean stock image back on there.

Edit: Also try powering off and then plugging it into the PC with a USB. See if that wakes and boots it. If not power on with it plugged in and see what happens. Maybe it will unstick the stuck.

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I had to charge it and I managed to turn it off,now I'm going to try the 8 boots again. AFTER the 8 boots I'm seeing on thr screen what i saw in my first attempt:-Anew software is beeing installed- WAITING TO SEE IF IT GET STUCK AGAIN

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I am guessing that is the 1.1 update. Try booting it with the usb cable plugged into the PC and see if that works.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
When I plug it in , it powers on and I can't power it off again, I have to unplug it to do that

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
sounds right, so it is making the usb connection. When you unplug the usb does it start to boot then get stuck?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Gloria,

Create a bootable CWR and revert back that way...it sounds like your bootloader got messed up...like it went to low power during some update and it hosed it.

Follow the instructions in post 1 of the thread in my sig.Its a relatively easy procedure and you should be up and running again in 15-20 minutes. Let us know if you are having problems.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Gloria,

Create a bootable CWR and revert back that way...it sounds like your bootloader got messed up...like it went to low power during some update and it hosed it.

Follow the instructions in post 1 of the thread in my sig.Its a relatively easy procedure and you should be up and running again in 15-20 minutes. Let us know if you are having problems.

Yep, I think so too. I know she doesn't want to do that if she doesn't have to so I was trying to think of any other way to possibly get it to boot. Ultimately I think you are going to have to follow Vic's thread though.