Stuck on Veiwsonic Splash Screen

NivekJS78

Jun 20, 2011
Hey all,
New here and just got my G-Tablet from Ebay. It had TNT 4.3. I then attempted to flash it to cm7. Now it won’t go past the viewsonic splash screen. Now all I can get to work is the Harmony TNT v1.2, no matter what rom I try (even G HARMONY GINGERBREAD v2.5). I followed this posting exactly: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rkmod-custom-rom-flash-player-market-fix.html. The package appears to install fine. I Even tried it wiping the cache partition and dalvik cache options and the format system and data, still nothing. Somebody please help!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Since you bought it from eBay, was it used? did you check which bootloader thread it was on first? Do you if it is 1.1 or 1.2? this is not the same as TnT versions

NivekJS78

Jun 20, 2011
I'll check with the seller. I am wondering, though how that changes the way I flash? I have NVFlash which one do I want?

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
If you're ready to nvflash, great! That's perfect medicine for a sick gTab. Start here:

[RECOVERY] nvflash FULL restore, using either 1.1 or 1.2 based images - [G-TABLET] - SlateDroid.com

Why don't you invest a little more time to decide which ROM you want? Some ROMs will need the 1.1 bootloader, others the 1.2. When you're ready:

(1) nvflash the correct version (1.1 or 1.2)
(2) (assuming you have the option) go into recovery and wipe data and cache
(3) flash (install) your ROM
(4) go back into recovery, and re-wipe data and cache

Things should be fine at that point. If there is anything not right, you may need to go back into recovery, reset the partitions (I can walk you through that) and redo the steps above. After you've done it 6 or 7 times (no joke) you can do all of this is under 10 minutes! :)

-Matt

NivekJS78

Jun 20, 2011
After several attempts with nvflash I finally got harmony gingerbread 2.5 to load, thanks all for getting me started.

ckelly33

Sep 20, 2012
As an alternative, when stuck with this problem, NVFlash did not work for me. I tried multiple things but what actually worked was to:
1. Boot into CWM (power & VOL+)
2. connect the tablet via USB
3. In CWM, choose Storage & Mounts and mount to USB (I could not get external SD to show up prior to this)
4. Once I chose USB, the Tab showed up in My Computer as a drive
5. I moved a ROM onto the drive
6. unmount USB in CWM
7. Flash the .zip that you moved over.

My Tab had been stuck on the splash screen for 2 weeks. THis worked and was easier than NVFlash