Stylus for tapping - advice?

StymiedAgain

Apr 7, 2014
Newbie here. I've had the Asus Memopad HD7 for a few months & want to get a stylus. I've looked at quite few reviews & they seem geared to recommending a stylus for writing or drawing. But I just want a dependable one for tapping as sometimes my fingers are just too big to tap the correct spot.

I don't think I need a $30 stylus for tapping. Micro Center has a few for $3.99. Are inexpensive ones any good for tapping?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I purchased a two-pack of styli from Walmart for $5 that have a head that looks like an eraser. I use them specifically for tapping.

StymiedAgain

Apr 7, 2014
I purchased a two-pack of styli from Walmart for $5 that have a head that looks like an eraser. I use them specifically for tapping.

Thanks for the reply.
Do they sort of look like a short stubby pencil? If so one of my friends has those & likes them & also got them from Walmart. Problem is I've looked at 2 Walmarts & they did not have them. I'll be going by another Walmart in a couple weeks & will have to stop there.

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
Also, if you have a dollar store or 99 cent store in your area, they have stylus.

StymiedAgain

Apr 7, 2014
A short, stubby pencil is a good descriptor. That's certainly them.

Check up at the checkout lanes. That's where the Walmarts in my area keep them.

Thanks for the suggestion. I found something different at the checkout lanes by my Walmart. They were 2 for $3.98, made by iWorld. They look like the cheap ones on ebay where you get 10 for about $2. About 4" long with a clip for your pocket. One has a squishy tip & the other is a bit firmer. I don't know if that's by design or not but they both work great for my needs. The 2-packs had either silver & black or red & violet (or something like that).

Thanks again for the suggestion where to look.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion. I found something different at the checkout lanes by my Walmart. They were 2 for $3.98, made by iWorld. They look like the cheap ones on ebay where you get 10 for about $2. About 4" long with a clip for your pocket. One has a squishy tip & the other is a bit firmer. I don't know if that's by design or not but they both work great for my needs. The 2-packs had either silver & black or red & violet (or something like that).

Thanks again for the suggestion where to look.
That's the ones I was thinking of. I grabbed the silver and black set. They're not weighted like one I saw at Walgreens, but for tapping they don't really have to be.