Successful mod of Kaver KM705B tablet

andyberlin

Jan 8, 2012
I bought an Adelong electronics Kaver KM705B tablet in Australia. The manual says MID WM8650, but this is generic.

Wanted to mod it using Universal_Uberoid_WM8650 so I could access the Google Play. However the Kaver brand isn't on the list of options to set up the mod. The machine has a green LED and black audio out and a 7" screen.

There is a graphic at Universal_Uberoid_WM8650_v10.7z which matches the options to these features. Using trial and error, I discovered that mod option "2" in the UU CHANGER.BAT program works for this machine.

The Universal_Uberoid_WM8650 firmware is currently available on:

http://ditacomp.blog.com/2011/08/28/uberoid-wm8650-1-3-0-hybrid-honeycombmod-v6-3-final/

Most of what you need to know is in the readme.txt file.

A few tips:
If you are running the firmware directly from the SD disk, say no to the copy and format disk questions after you have input the option.
Back up your apps onto a disk!
When booting, it stays on the honeycomb screen for about a minute. Be patient.
The mod while cool, is still only Android 2.2, so you still can't use Skype over WiFi.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
I know there are tons of sites around that are listing Uberoid ROMs but one of the downsides is that you don't get the latest versions. The site you used has V6.3 while at Techknow forums they are on 12.1. I know that going from V8 to V11 made a huge difference in mine, so I think if you tried a later version you might like it even more.