Successful root, cant edit system files.

radboy16

Dec 28, 2011
I have successfully rooted my MID1125 using superoneclick, and can see the Super User app in the launcher, yet i cant edit the build.prop file with any of the file managers I can get a hold of (I have tried stuff like File Expert to change the permissions, after I have enabled Root Access on it, mounted as R/W, and then I have changed permissions to be able to read & write for everyone. And yes, when prompted, I allowed the application access as a super user.). When I do change the permissions on some programs (after mounting as R/W), the permissions either change back immediately, or they stay as those permissions, and show as non writable in ES File explorer. Any help here? I dont want to fork out 5 dollars for Root explorer. I really need this to help get apps that I otherwise can not download off of the market because of "Incompatability".

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
You can try a terminal emulator to make the build.prop r/w and then edit it with ESfileexplorer or some similar program.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

radboy16

Dec 28, 2011
I just found a fix shortly after posting.... I kind of feel dumb now.... Its a simple app called Mount /system (rw / ro)

You can find it here: Mount /system (rw / ro)

Easiest fix in the world. I actually shouted yes when the es note editor said "file saved successfully" :p

If possible, this Thread can be locked/deleted now.... unless people with this problem can recieve help from the app that I listed.

Jan 19, 2012
I've rooted my Kyros 1125 using SuperOneClick which believes it was successful - although I think it's not truly rooted.

Installed Mount System r/w and run it, mounting /System as read/write - seems to work.

Editing build.prop using ES Note Editor works (change LCD Density to 160),
but saving fails with "Error occurred when trying to save the file. Close anyway?"

So while I can, apparently, "root" the tablet and set /System to r/w, that doesn't seem to be true since I can't actually
change build.prop and save it out.

Also, Titanium Backup Pro (which I bought and use on an HTV Evo flawlessly), runs but can't get Superuser correctly -
fails with the "BusyBox works but the "su" command does not elevate to root. There's something wrong with your "su" binary
and/or "Superuser" app."...

Anyone have a fix for this? I think I'll try rooting "by hand" using ADB stuff I've seen in other threads since SuperOneClick doesn't
seem to truly root the 1125.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Your tablet isn't fully rooted, probably you got only a shell (adb) root. Look for a tutorial about how to fully root your 1125. I think it was written by paulonsf user.

kani_vit

Jul 18, 2012
I've rooted my Kyros 1125 using SuperOneClick which believes it was successful - although I think it's not truly rooted.

Installed Mount System r/w and run it, mounting /System as read/write - seems to work.

Editing build.prop using ES Note Editor works (change LCD Density to 160),
but saving fails with "Error occurred when trying to save the file. Close anyway?"

So while I can, apparently, "root" the tablet and set /System to r/w, that doesn't seem to be true since I can't actually
change build.prop and save it out.

Also, Titanium Backup Pro (which I bought and use on an HTV Evo flawlessly), runs but can't get Superuser correctly -
fails with the "BusyBox works but the "su" command does not elevate to root. There's something wrong with your "su" binary
and/or "Superuser" app."...

Anyone have a fix for this? I think I'll try rooting "by hand" using ADB stuff I've seen in other threads since SuperOneClick doesn't
seem to truly root the 1125.

I too facing the same issue. can u fixed that one now?

Jul 14, 2012
Just finished rooting my MID8120 with SuperOneClick. Had tried before, first time it works. Thanks for the tip!