Successfully using my Droid X as a hot spot for my SuperPad!

LTLFTCer

Jan 27, 2011
Much easier would be to find Wireless Tether for Root Users.

Install that on your Droid (I have the X as well). Turn on wireless on phone and open WirelessTether and hit "start tether".

Go into wireless settings on wowPad, find Android Tether in networks. Press and enter security key you created.

Salmch21

Mar 23, 2011
Much easier would be to find Wireless Tether for Root Users.

Install that on your Droid (I have the X as well). Turn on wireless on phone and open WirelessTether and hit "start tether".

Go into wireless settings on wowPad, find Android Tether in networks. Press and enter security key you created.

I have been trying that all afternoon. With much reluctance I have rooted my Droid X and have gotten the wireless tether app. My flytouch 2 will recognize it and let me put in my passkey, but then I can't access anything.(marketplace, opera, etc...). Are you doing anything special before it lets you online? :confused:

1thepapa

Mar 25, 2011
Just installed Open Garden Wifi tether on my Rooted Droid X. I opened it, turned it on, then searched for wifi networks in range on mt Flytouch3 it found Android tether, I told it to connect... and it did! Simple. BTW, I tried Barnacle, and did not have any luck on the tablet, although it does work for my laptops. I understand there is a procedure to make an ad hoc network appear on the tablet, but I had no luck with the instructions I found.