Sudden loss of Customization on FT2 1170

Farang

Nov 9, 2010
I have been running the 1170 version almost a week, and aside from the occasional wifi drops, it has been working pretty well. But last night I was charging the tablet (turned off) and turned it on to check the progress. It booted to the Wowhome, but the time & date, and weather widget had reverted to Beijing. I started to change the settings again, but then I was notified that Titanium backup and Autorun killer had crashed, and the tablet locked up for about 30 seconds.

I rebooted several times but kept getting similar errors. I tried the reset button, but it didn't help. Finally I ran a factory reset in recovery mode and then it booted and ran normally again. I have no idea what caused this to happen. I hadn't made any major changes to the system. I hope it wasn't some hardware failing.

Farang

Nov 9, 2010
Well, it wasn't planned, but it turned out okay. My FT2 came with build 1001 and I rooted it with Z4root. I started to have some minor problems, so I ran the Z4root unroot option. It took a very long time, and I wasn't sure it worked. I rebooted and got a blank screen after the green "powered by Wowpad" screen. I tried factory reset and even an SD update to 1170 in recovery mode. Nothing worked. So I decided to try flashing the rom. I used the rom here: InfoTM X220 (Flytouch II, WOWpad, SuperPAD) ROM Development - Page 28 - xda-developers (Mapstec's post #279).

I didn't know what I was doing, but I lucked out and it worked.

chris_j11

Nov 18, 2010
Finally I ran a factory reset in recovery mode and then it booted and ran normally again.

How did u performed the factory reset - was it menu>application>...
Did u lose all ur installed apps
i'm assuming u did not lose the firmware version and registration code

i've been planning to reset mine since i keep getting annoying "com process.google errrors" pop out.

Farang

Nov 9, 2010
A similar problem occurred again two days ago. But this time the symptom was just getting stuck on the green screen after a reboot. Like last time I did a factory reset through recovery mode (Home+Power keys), but this time after the factory reset, Market and Google Talk were not working. The factory reset cleared all the installed apps and the Wow registration number, which you can't use again. I have never tried the factory reset through the menu.

I use Titanium Backup to backup all the system and user apps, so it doesn't take too long to restore the apps and data. I still have to redo all the system settings and re-customize some apps.

I tried all the tricks I know, but I couldn't get Market working again--cleared cache, updates, tried earlier version I had backed up. I don't use Talk, but usually it doesn't open when I have a market problem. I ended up flashing the 1170 rom again, then market worked after it updated to the latest version and I cleared updates again.

I know many others have had the green screen hang problem also, so I think it is a bug in the firmware. But I am not sure if it just happens randomly or is brought on by certain actions, such as sleep mode or removing the Wow components. This time I am not going to rename or remove Wowhome and System Update; I'll just add Home Switcher and Launcher Pro and kill Wowhome, System Update, and dialer on each reboot to save internal memory. This will get me going more quickly after these re-flashes, and I can see if the green screen problem still occurs as often.

The first time I flashed I didn't know what to do with the uImage file, so I didn't use it. Maybe that caused some instability. But the following times I flashed I followed a tutorial and mapped it to the kernel in the burn tool. The green screen problem still occurred after these flashes.