Suddenly, headphone jack works in reverse

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
I'm working on a tablet for my partner and I notice all sounds had stopped. As an experiment I plugged in a set of headphones and the speakers started working. It was working fine after I had flashed the Brazil ROM for 2.2.1 and setup root, etc. Not sure when it exactly stopped working correctly. Any ideas for a solution?

Edit

When I use the volume buttons, it beeps. I'm perplexed. I have another setup nearly the same way with no issues.

Edit

The microphone no longer works unless the headphones are plugged in as well.

Last edited:

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
I'll look into how to do that. On a weird note, I flashed to Froyo Fusion and now the notifications and ringtones work as expected, but the media works only with the headphones plugged in.

Edit

The device is reading it backwards - I see a series of events from DUN_EVENT_USB_UNPLUG then the Headset Plugged state (backwards) then TTYModeResponse queries.

Edit

Installed toggleheadset2 and now things work. I Still want to understand an actual fix for this. Thanx Xaueious for the help so far. I saved a log on the tablet and can snag and post it if needed.

Last edited:

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
I/dun_service( 82): The value returned from dun_getusbmodemstate_fromsys is 1
I/dun_service( 82): Post event 1
I/dun_service( 82): received event: DUN_EVENT_USB_UNPLUG
I/dun_service( 82): received event(DUN_EVENT_USB_UNPLUG) in state(DUN_STATE_USB_UNPLUG)
I/dun_service( 82): Ignoring the event DUN_EVENT_USB_UNPLUG in USB_UNPLUG_STATE
I/dun_service( 82): Moved to state(DUN_STATE_USB_UNPLUG)
I/HeadsetService( 1616): Headset plugged: false
D/PhoneApp( 205): handleQueryTTYModeResponse: TTY enable state successfully queried.
D/PhoneApp( 205): handleQueryTTYModeResponse:ttymode=0
I/MyEvent ( 489): onReceive:Action=android.intent.action.TIME_TICK
E/AudioHardwareQSD( 77): setVoiceVolume called in wrong mode. Rejecting the call
W/AudioFlinger( 77): write blocked for 150 msecs, 91 delayed writes, thread 0xb8c8
I/ActivityManager( 127): Displayed activity org.jtb.alogcat/.LogActivity: 40912 ms (total 40912 ms)
I/dun_service( 82): received event(DUN_EVENT_USB_UNPLUG) in state(DUN_STATE_USB_UNPLUG)
W/AudioFlinger( 77): write blocked for 146 msecs, 92 delayed writes, thread 0xb8c8
I/HeadsetService( 1616): Headset plugged: true
D/PhoneApp( 205): handleQueryTTYModeResponse: TTY enable state successfully queried.
I/HeadsetService( 1616): Headset plugged: false
I/HeadsetService( 1616): Headset plugged: true
E/AudioHardwareQSD( 77): setVoiceVolume called in wrong mode. Rejecting the call
W/AudioFlinger( 77): write blocked for 159 msecs, 93 delayed writes, thread 0xb8c8

Where is says Headset plugged false is where I plugged in the headset, true where I unplugged.

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
Hrm... the app just disables the headphones so the issue still is there, just hidden.

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
I've decided this is prolly a hardware issue - I am now looking for a way to reverse the toggle the system is getting from the headphone jack so it works the correct way. I have installed the latest ROM from Joenilan and as you nearly scrub the system before you flash it, I'm sorta left with this as the only conclusion.

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
I have a similar issue with headphone. I was in a call and everything was ok, but 5 min later I tried to play a song with stock music player and the sound was like if only one side (left or right) was heared through the headphones. If I make some pression with finger on plug, the sound is ok.