Suggestion and advice regarding USB

yacyac

Oct 29, 2011
Hello Friends,

I need your help in buying a tab.. i know this kind of question you guys might be getting everyday, but i wanted to clear my doubts before buying a a tab. i am a photographer and my few main requirements or thats i look ahead to do with my tab is to connect a USB card reader and transfer images from my cf card to my tab or tab to a hard drive. which would be the best tab for me to do this kind of things.

Regards,
yacyac

TimothyBath

Sep 29, 2011
Are you using the tab to show off the pics? if so go with a tab with the best display. The galaxy 10.1 is one. There are others with the same display spec as the Galaxy but i do not know their names.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

yacyac

Oct 29, 2011
Hii timothy,

My main use is to transfer data from my cf card to my external usb hard drive.

Are you using the tab to show off the pics? if so go with a tab with the best display. The galaxy 10.1 is one. There are others with the same display spec as the Galaxy but i do not know their names.

TimothyBath

Sep 29, 2011
Sorry this took me so long.....

I couldnt get my card reader to show up on my tablet.
but my camera showed up as soon as i plugged it in. I was able to transfer *JPEG files to the tablet.
I then tried plugging in my external hard drive but I could not get it to show up.

*Note my tablet could not handle RAW files.

hope this info helps someone.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have an ASUS Transformer TF101 with the keyboard dock. It is pretty much an android netbook and has 2 USB ports. I can plug in my card reader and a USB HDD and transfer from a CF, MemoryStick or SD Card directly to a hard drive. If you do not have the keyboard dock, it can be done with a $20 USB adapter, but you can only plug in one USB device at a time.