Suggestion?

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
First, I hate having to start a new thread, but at the same time don't want to hijack someone else's thread for this issue.

In short, given the details below, should I wipe back to unrooted stock, then start over again?

Some details: First, started at stock 1.0.1 out of the box, could not get the B&N sideload to update, then rooted and upgraded via NookColor_v1.1.0_r2.zip (verified mdsum). Second, I'm completely unable to use any alternate keyboard since I cannot access Settings > Keyboard. It will immediately shut down and send me back to LauncherPro home screen. Third, clockwork recovery has been a little quirky with me, sometimes freezing up and forcing me to hold the power button until shut down and then power/home to get back to recovery.

I'd really like to be able to switch between SwiftKey and possibly Thumbs, but like I said, Settings > Keyboard is inaccessible. And with Clockwork recovery being finicky, I'm wondering if something system-wise is corrupted, where I might benefit from a fresh, clean start. For example, did the failed B&N sideload upgrade screw something up?

So, unless I hear some alternate suggestion(s), I guess I will go with "(HOW TO) Uninstall Clockwork Recovery and revert to a stock image" and then work my way back to rooted 1.1.0 again. I'm not sure if there are any advantages over using Autonooter 3.0 vs. NookColor_v1.1.0_r2.zip if I end up going this route?

Suggestions? Flames? Recipes...nah. Although I am fairly new to the NC, I've been into Android rooting over a year.

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
^ After a freeze-up and black screen, I've reverted to stock, where I'm able to access keyboard settings again. Currently trying the B&N Sideload_update.zip. But just like before, nothing is happening. So I may end up using autonooter and stay at 1.0.1 rather than use the pre-rooted 1.1.0 that ended up locking me out of keyboard settings.

Anyway, no need for suggestions since HAD to wipe things clean.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Well, one suggestion. If you don't HAVE to have the 1.1 update, skip it for now. It has known to sometimes have issues with CWR. Stay on 1.0.1 and just enjoy it. I didn't notice any major changes between the two to warrant fighting for it.