Suggestions for Tegra 3 based 10" tablet

Khurram

Dec 7, 2011
I am looking for a 10" tablet which is Tegra 3 based. I was really excited to read about Asus Transformer 300 (TF300), but reading up on it revealed that it does not use gorilla glass. I don't want to buy a tablet without GG. So what are my options as of now? What if I wait for another month or so?

Thanks.

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
The lack of GG is debatable. They use it in all of their other tablets so I'd really be surprised if they left it out on this one. In terms of screens, you can't beat IPS. In terms of price, $379 for 32GB is VERY hard to beat!

Khurram

Dec 7, 2011
@MA83, are you talking about the Asus Transformer Pad 300? I was also really surprised that it lacks GG. Otherwise its has very attractive specs.

My post is actually about alternatives to the Pad 300 :)

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
@MA83, are you talking about the Asus Transformer Pad 300? I was also really surprised that it lacks GG. Otherwise its has very attractive specs.

My post is actually about alternatives to the Pad 300 :)

Ah! Ok, I understand where you are coming from better. The only other NT3 chip tab I know about is the Acer Iconia A510.

tazz3

Feb 23, 2012
I own the 300 and its freaking awesome. dont worry about the GG. just be carefull with it

Khurram

Dec 7, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion about Iconia A510. I will take a look at it.

I own the 300 and its freaking awesome. dont worry about the GG. just be carefull with it
Well, its just that with GG, a tablet can take a little bit more beating. With kids in the house, I just wanted a buy a more robust tablet. I guess the TF300 is so new that screen cracking stories just have not started to appear. I can wait for a month or so before making my decision though. Lets hope there are no horror stories about the TF300 at that time.