Sumvision 3G GPS Dongle

nothatsnotme

Dec 3, 2013
Hi, I've just bought a Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 2 10.1"

Many sales sites say that there's a dongle to add GPS functionality but no one lists it for sale (that I can find). Even sumvision's website doesn't mention it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

nothatsnotme

Dec 3, 2013
Hi, thanks for coming back - the sites I read this on were primarily tablet sales sites & didn't mention any possibles. I've come to assume that the text I'm reading is supplied to them by Sumvision cos when asked, they know nothing about it. I know the tablet is a rebadged Pipo M9 and by searching on that, I've found a few suggested dongles but none mention the GPS side of the question and that's the one that interests me as I've previously used tablets as my mainstream navigation tool. I can support the tablet using the tethering system so 3g doesn't interest me in itself when away from wifi.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I haven't seen any GPS dongles for Android. If the tablet doesn't have GPS your best option would be to get a stand-alone GPS that has blue tooth and connect to it that way.

nothatsnotme

Dec 3, 2013
Thanks for the advice. Found an old stand-alone bluetooth GPS unit in my "I'll not throw this away in case I need it" box - last used about 7 years ago I guess but works perfectly!!

I haven't seen any GPS dongles for Android. If the tablet doesn't have GPS your best option would be to get a stand-alone GPS that has blue tooth and connect to it that way.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi nothatsnotme, congratulations on your new Sumvision tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.

It really makes you feel good when you find something in that "I'll not throw this away in case I need it" box that you can use again doesn't it.:cool: