Super Easy Way to Root and Get Android Market on Your Kyros!

waterbrook

Jan 27, 2011
Ok If you followed it as instructed I don't understand why it didn't work for you. I'm not trying to be rude so please don't take it that. But I went to sleep the first time I tryed Pissed because I swore I followed What it said and I re-read the directions 3 times before I gave up. I woke up About 5am re-read it an saw i was putting in the wrong storage.
If you copy/move the file into the internal memory root of the Tablet. do not put this file into any file on your SDcard. Open your appinstaller program and install z4root. After you have installed it thats when you will see the app and will be able to tap on it and root your tablet.
This explained in steps 6 through 8. Good luck...

Hello thanks for the reply..
I did get the z4root downloaded after watching it done on u tube..:) whew!! on their He says you can get the rest of the downloads on this site..I need recovery image, he metioned we could do it from this site..can someone please show me or give me the downloads please! Thankyou so much for your time and patience

mrtoad43

Jan 30, 2011
Sorry for silly question on this. Can this method for easy way to root and get android market on your kyros be done on the kyros 7005 as well. I understand their the same tablet with the exception that the kyros 7005 has 32GB extendable memory and the 7015 is 16GG. Thank you for your help.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Hi Mr. Toad,

Yes, it should work fine on the 7005. :)

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Just got my Mid 7015 4G. I can't get the initial update to to update, but I believe it might be because it came with it already installed. In the "about" section it says: Firmware version= 2.1-update1, is this the updated one? Thanks for any help.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Edited OP with information on build numbers wrt updating the device.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Kernel version 2.6.29 Root android 2.1, Build number MID7015 1.6a_20101129-1

I think this is what you are looking for:

Installing update... assert failed: !less_than_int(1290686740, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")) E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.

Last edited:

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Yours was shipped with a newer version of the firmware.

Also, I corrected the date in the OP. It's the last part of the build information.

So what does this all mean? Do I need to do anymore updating before I root it? BTW, not to sound to stupid here, but what does "OP" mean.

mrtoad43

Jan 30, 2011
Hi Mr. Toad,

Yes, it should work fine on the 7005. :)
Thank you for your help. In one of the other messages I see a person who can not get clockwork mod recovery to work on the 7005. Then I see this message from someone.
I just followed these instructions and swapped out the clockwork recovery for the one found on the sticky and I successfully rooted the MID 7005

What sticky are they talking about. I'm very new to this forum and don't know how to find it. I tried searches. Also, do I use the same instructions you list on your thread for the 7015. Is there any software issues. Should I download the same software as the 7015. (Z4, google market, etc., term emulator, etc) I'm sorry for so many questions. I just want to make sure. It would be easier if I knew the exact steps for the 7005. Or where I specifically make changes for my 7005.
Thank you again for your kind help. I so much appreciate your reply.

mrtoad43

Jan 30, 2011
There is a YouTube video where the man gives instructions for doing this. However, in the clockwork recovery part he lists a command like this mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install- recovery.sh.bak. What is this. I just want to make sure I don't have to do anything special for the 7005. Also, I checked Coby site and they do not list any updates for the 7005. I should still be ok. I'm jsut trying to cover all the bases before I start. Thank you.

mrtoad43

Jan 30, 2011
there is another person on here that said that there was a problem with the version of clockwork recovery used here for 7015 and that he substituted with another as the one used for 7015 caused a button problem on the 7005. He used the following - 7005 or X5A Recovery Image. Is this what I should do. Thank you.