Super Easy Way to Root and Get Android Market on Your Kyros!

Nico

Apr 27, 2011
Ok so i've done all of the steps and everything has resulted just as the guide said it would

When I open the emulator, type in su, and get # I then type
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img just like that, spaces and all, and I receive "flash_imagerecovery: not found" then I type reboot recovery and it reboots, but comes up with a screen that has the little green android guy, with a triangle with ! inside, no menu or anything.

Any help?

aw3some0

Jul 9, 2011
i have a 7016 as far as i can tell the only difference is it uses android 2.3 OS. but i keep worrying about using instructions for rooting the 7015- especially the recovery.img part. does anyone know if it's compatible?

bubbanet

Jul 21, 2011
i have a 7016 as far as i can tell the only difference is it uses android 2.3 OS. but i keep worrying about using instructions for rooting the 7015- especially the recovery.img part. does anyone know if it's compatible?

I also have a new 7016 and was wondering if this would work as-is..:confused:

gre3ntea

Aug 13, 2011
Does anyone have the x5ag recovery img needed for working clockwork on Kyros 7005, if so, could you please post it on a fileshare site? All the links I've tried are dead and all the recovery images I've tried so far result in a halted process because the buttons won't work :( Thanks!

bboyd89

Aug 15, 2011
Hey guys , I have a Kyros mid7005 and everything so far has worked out fine but I can't get my tablet to reboot into clockwork. Do you guys have any suggestions?

fredt

Jul 31, 2011
My tablet just laughs at Z4 Root.
Reboots and no super user icon.
Have tried about 10 times.

larryb

Apr 24, 2011
[h=2]Super Easy Way to Root and Get Android Market on Your Kyros![/h]
I used these instructions and it was super easy to do!

ALTERNATE (NEWBIE-FRIENDLY) GUIDE FOR ROOTING AND GOOGLE MARKET INSTALL ON WINDOWS - NO SPECIAL DRIVERS OR ADB COMMANDS NEEDED

Before attempting the official update, check the build number in Settings-> About Device. If the date in the build number is later than 20101124, it was shipped updated. -l_n​

The above link you refer to is no longer tipstir.the-talk.net. It takes yuo to another website and it seems that I must register to enter, but could not find your newbe-friendly guide. Can you direct me tot he right place?

Thanks
larry

Last edited:

Virgil2U

Sep 1, 2012
Why post something like this that certain people like me who are on disability can't afford to pay for this information, why not just tell us how to do it in the forum. Why do you want to hurt the little man.

larryb

Apr 24, 2011
Why post something like this that certain people like me who are on disability can't afford to pay for this information, why not just tell us how to do it in the forum. Why do you want to hurt the little man.

:confused:

Are you talking about my post????

Larry