superpad 2.1 Android?

Rocan91

Oct 3, 2011
I've had my tablet for almost a year, and when I bought it from Amazon the description said "10.2" Google Android 2.1 Tablet PC WiFi".
I am not sure which superpad I have though. I know it is flytouch, as thats what it says when it turns on, but what version I have I don't know. It has 2 usb drives and 2 sd card slots, an hdmi slot, and an ethernet connection.

Here are my specs;

Model : SAWEE Pad
Firmware version: 2.1-update 1 V1.8:#2752
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 infotm-sqa@infotm-sqa-desktop #48
Build Number: wwe 10-eng 2.1-update1 ERE27 eng.inftotm.sqa.201101224 test-keys

It tended to freeze a lot and have sudden battery shortages, so I left it just lying there for months. It was reset to the factory settings, so it has only the default apps it came with right now along with the 16 gb sd card it came with.

I know now its probably got a better update for it now, and that I should definately turn to custom firmware to update it because using the system update only gives me the " Failed in checking for update ERR 503" message.

The problem is I don't know which Superpad/Flytouch I have so I can start to look through the forum for updates and directions. Any help guys?

I'd appreciate it a lot!

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Well, you put this in the SuperPAD II area not the FT2/SuperPAD area so it may not get seen much, but
There are many threads in the FT2 (non-variant) section that address your question.
For MY input,
your pad seems to be exactly what I have/had at my last 2.1 update, and there are only a couple of things that need to be known:

the INFOTMIC startup shows you something in the lower right corner that looks like 0.6.1.5(586)....
If it does not change, there is a two-pass install process that would be a good update for you, IN MY OPINION, of course! :p

I recommend this one mainly because it does NOT CHANGE the U0/u-boot pad-initializations. You should attempt to avoid allowing them to be changed on ANY update you end up using.

You will find multiple references to it in the flytouch2/superpad section...
:D

Last edited:

Rocan91

Oct 3, 2011
Well, you put this in the SuperPAD II area not the FT2/SuperPAD area so it may not get seen much, but
There are many threads in the FT2 (non-variant) section that address your question.
For MY input,
your pad seems to be exactly what I have/had at my last 2.1 update, and there are only a couple of things that need to be known:

the INFOTMIC startup shows you something in the lower right corner that looks like 0.6.1.5(586)....
If it does not change, there is a two-pass install process that would be a good update for you, IN MY OPINION, of course! :p

I recommend this one mainly because it does NOT CHANGE the U0/u-boot pad-initializations. You should attempt to avoid allowing them to be changed on ANY update you end up using.

You will find multiple references to it in the flytouch2/superpad section...
:D

Oh whoops! I just saw that there so many flytouch areas so I wasn't sure, and I couldn't find a Superpad one. Obviously I forgot to read the descriptions underneath! :eek:

Thanks again for the help! My pad says 0.6.1.5(559). I will certainly look over in the FT2 section though and keep your recommendations in mind! :D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I've moved your post for you, I hope this is the right place.

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
I've had my tablet for almost a year, and when I bought it from Amazon the description said "10.2" Google Android 2.1 Tablet PC WiFi".
I am not sure which superpad I have though. I know it is flytouch, as thats what it says when it turns on, but what version I have I don't know. It has 2 usb drives and 2 sd card slots, an hdmi slot, and an ethernet connection.

Here are my specs;

Model : SAWEE Pad
Firmware version: 2.1-update 1 V1.8:#2752
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 infotm-sqa@infotm-sqa-desktop #48
Build Number: wwe 10-eng 2.1-update1 ERE27 eng.inftotm.sqa.201101224 test-keys

It tended to freeze a lot and have sudden battery shortages, so I left it just lying there for months. It was reset to the factory settings, so it has only the default apps it came with right now along with the 16 gb sd card it came with.

I know now its probably got a better update for it now, and that I should definately turn to custom firmware to update it because using the system update only gives me the " Failed in checking for update ERR 503" message.

The problem is I don't know which Superpad/Flytouch I have so I can start to look through the forum for updates and directions. Any help guys?

I'd appreciate it a lot!

OK, you have a Superpad / Flytouch II. You can probably update to firmware 3245, which is still 2.1. You cannot do that with the factory update system

Nothing will fix the "tended to freeze a lot and have sudden battery shortages", that I know of.

I'd not recommend you waste a lot of time with this machine. TechVendetta may be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat for you as genius permits, but I am afraid it is still a sow's ear with a shoulder strap and a clasp to hold contents.