Superpad 2 says " SD CARD UNMOUNTED OR NOT PRESENT" When sd card is inserted.

prime0614

Aug 7, 2011
Hi everyone.

My name is stephen.I abit of a problem with my superpad 2 tablet.
When ever i try to go to camera or gallery is says sd card unmounted or not present when there is an sd card already inserted.Does anyone know what could be causing this.

Thanks
Stephen

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Hi everyone.

My name is stephen.I abit of a problem with my superpad 2 tablet.
When ever i try to go to camera or gallery is says sd card unmounted or not present when there is an sd card already inserted.Does anyone know what could be causing this.

Thanks
Stephen

I was thinking about your dilemma... There are only a few things that could be the issue. You need to be able to check and see if the pad even recognizes the SD card* in the first place. Also check another SD card. Sometimes, certain SD cards just won't be recognized by the machine. You can also go to your settings, unmount, remove, reinstall, and remount the SD card to make sure you don't have a bad connection.

*To see if your SD card is actually recognized by the tablet, first, you should get a notification and an audible tone by the tablet itself. Second way to check is to download some sort of file explorer like Astro or (if rooted) Root Explorer, and look in either program for /sdcard/sdcard1 or /sdcard2. Whichever one you have installed. If either is not the case, and the SD card shows to be mounted and functional, then there is some programming issue afoot. At that point, I, would stop, repackage and return the tablet ASAP. I personally think its something with the SD card not being mounted properly.

If I helped you, all I would like in return is for you to hit the "thanks" on the lower left of this post.
-Mike

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
What size is the card? Does this card work in anything else?
Does it work with any OTHER card?

Try reformatting it to FAT32 in another machine (preferably NOT quick) and see if that takes...
then try it in your pad again. If it doesnt show after that it MIGHT be the reader...

I have been using multiple different brands in the SUPERPAD (I) and havent had any issues with them so far... tho I could just be lucky!
:D

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Interesting...

Got some 'freebies' cause win7/vista formatted them and other things couldnt read 'em...
Hasnt happened for awhile tho...

:)

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
I've got a Kingston 2gig that will not read in the pad, but works everywhere else.

There are different SD card standards. There was an old standard where 2 Gb was the upper limit, then SDHC pushed that limit higher. They may now have a new standard. You might check the fine print on the chip itself. Compare it to the fine print on the chip that shipped in / with the pad.

Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... might just be another reason to be wary of our pads...

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
There are different SD card standards. There was an old standard where 2 Gb was the upper limit, then SDHC pushed that limit higher. They may now have a new standard. You might check the fine print on the chip itself. Compare it to the fine print on the chip that shipped in / with the pad.

Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... might just be another reason to be wary of our pads...

Funny you mention that, the Kingston is the old style, and all the others are SDHC and seem fine. My card reader freaks out when I put the 16gig card in. I really need to replace it.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Funny you mention that, the Kingston is the old style, and all the others are SDHC and seem fine. My card reader freaks out when I put the 16gig card in. I really need to replace it.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

Now Im gonna hafta take another look-see at what IVE got!
:D

flsuperstore

Aug 15, 2011
It seems like you have a new 9V board Flytouch/Superpad. There are two versions of the firmware as of now and I have yet to experiment with either of them to see which one could fix it. I will keep you posted.