Superpad 3 kernel panic error.. any advice?

TmXGhost

Jan 16, 2012
Hi,

I'm new to forums, and all things android, so be nice.

A family member purchased what they called a "touch pad", and it has broken, going around into a loop with kernel panic being the final message before re-boot.
They have no box or manual for me to use to try and narrow down what the device actually is, however I think, after some research it is the superpad 3 Infotmic based tablet (reasons coming up below...)
When it boots it says Infotmic (see my logic there:D) and also I have been searching around for tablets with the same configuration as this one. It has 2 x usb ports, 2 x TF card slots, 1 x hdmi mini and an Ethernet port.

So onto things I have tried;
I have tried the reboot method (home, back and power) to restore it.. no luck
I have tried the wipe data and cache partition method.... but, no luck.

I think then, the update.zip file is the next port of call? However I do not know what exactly update.zip could be, and can I use this to re-install or repair the OS?
Obviously I am assuming that the problem is OS related and not hardware, unless of course anyone thinks otherwise?
I'm also assuming when the splash screen boots with Infotmic and the numbers 0.6.1.5(587) - That this is the current OS?

Any advice people may have would be welcome.
Many thanks,

Ryan

TheQCC

Dec 16, 2011
Trt turning on the power. As soon as you see the first logo, press and hold the Menu button until you get the android unpacking a box.
Release the Menu button.

You should get a menu. One of the items is restore factory settings.
Use the Back button to go down and the Home button to confirm the action.

TmXGhost

Jan 16, 2012
I had to install from scratch through an sd card, cheers for the responses. The only issue I now have, is that my cat chewed the plug and I'm trying to find a replacement, any ideas?