superpad 3 nightmare

rovspur

Jan 3, 2012
I recently ordered a flytouch 2 only for a superpad3 to turn up!!! This was a xmas gift for my daughter. It arrived close to xmas so.gave it a cursory look before wrapping. Now she has it it cant play YouTube etc. I have read many forums about rooting etc and am after some help .... I have no idea what to do or how to do it.
It is a DISCO 10
Android version 2.2-20110803
Kernel version 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver#34
Build number FRF85B.
Android market is not recognising any device.
I am a total beginner so will need it explaining to me like I am a child.
any help would be greatly appreciated by myself and my daughter
Thank you

rovspur

Jan 3, 2012
I recently ordered a flytouch 2 only for a superpad3 to turn up!!! This was a xmas gift for my daughter. It arrived close to xmas so.gave it a cursory look before wrapping. Now she has it it cant play YouTube etc. I have read many forums about rooting etc and am after some help .... I have no idea what to do or how to do it.
It is a DISCO 10
Android version 2.2-20110803
Kernel version 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver#34
Build number FRF85B.
Android market is not recognising any device.
I am a total beginner so will need it explaining to me like I am a child.
any help would be greatly appreciated by myself and my daughter
Thank you

Sent from my X10i using Android Tablet Forum

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
Now she has it it cant play YouTube etc. ... [snip] ... Android market is not recognising any device.
Regarding YouTube - Isn't there a YouTube app on the device? That should work (don't try going to YouTube in the Browser.) If there's no YouTube app, do a google search for "YouTube apk" You should find a site where you can install the "YouTube.apk" application.
Regarding the Market - the Android Market was set up for phones, so the tablet will not be recognized. (This has to do with the fact that the Market needs to charge the phone when you purchase apps.) You should be able to download and install free apps from the Market. For paid apps, you'll need to go to an alternative market, like the Amazon App Store.

rovspur

Jan 3, 2012
Do I need to root my tablet before installing tim6a firmware also I have a new blank sd card do I need to do anything to it???

JeffSmith

Nov 30, 2011
I am also a complete newbie to the whole Android OS. I am considering rooting my SuperPad3 and installing tim6a - but not confident about it yet. I would be interested to know how you get on.

SuperPad III, Android 2.3. many things don't seem to work as I think they should (can't connect directly to PC) - or is it just that I haven't set the right switches?

rovspur

Jan 3, 2012
I have tried both tim6a and funnycomb on a formatted sd card and it starts the update then stops and says firmware retrieval failed!!!! What can I do to fix this? Help please

rovspur

Jan 3, 2012
Have managed to do update but nothing has changed!!! Said update complete then when I rebooted it it just loaded up as normal!!! Help me please I want flash player and updated market!!!

amyjo

Apr 7, 2012
i have superpad III worked fine yesterday it went thru android world on load and went black idk what to do need real help i just bought this