Superpad i7 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 7 Inch Infotmic

Attanai

Dec 1, 2011
My company purchased several of these from a chinese wholesaler, thinking to turn a profit, but upon getting them in, decided not to sell them, because of the horrible quality. I've been looking into the scam with zoomafx (and I'm certain it's a scam), and there are more ways to find out who they actually are. If you have a UPS tracking number, then the first seven digits would be the account-holder's ID number. If the return address was completely fake (which is incredibly easy to do), then we can still find out where they are by tracking that. If any has a tracking number, please post the first seven digits (not the whole thing, or people can track your address, too. Just the first seven digits) and I'll look them up. The other way they could have done it is by using a courrier service inside of the same building, but I think the first is more likely.

As a note, when my company was doing R&D on these, we paid about $30 apiece, direct from the manufacturer, so yeah, this is a big deal. Also, since the company doesn't actually exist, and they were working under an assumed name with an illigitamate address, they're guilty of criminal fraud, so this is something worth following up on. If this scam works out for them, then their just going to move on to another scam and rip-off more people.

Also, groupon and the rest of the companies were pulled in by this scam, and are losing money from it, too. Credit-card chargebacks, BBB reports, and similar hit the companies that you paid, not the company at fault. Although, it has to be said, they should have done their research better.

Last edited:

wilbert

Dec 23, 2011
Tried to put in claim against Zoomafx via Paypal, to recover the shipping charge. Don't think anything will become of it since it has over 45 days since the transaction took place but worth a try.

FSF333

Jan 14, 2012
Hello Everyone,

In follow up to the ZoomaFX tablet and progress in getting a refund. As previously posted I did the following:

1. Filed a complaint through BBB (NOT on ZoomaFX but on Groupon). It is their company who charges your card. Their website indicates a promise of customer satisfaction.
2. Filed a complaint with the credit card company. This not only requires a phone call but a written letter outlining the "incident". I wrote a detailed letter with numerous attachments. Be sure to include the following facts: false business address, lack of certain advertised features etc. Include all evidence of contact to both ZoomaFX and Groupon (e-mails etc.).

Shortly following this action, I wrote an e-mail and followed up with a phone call to Groupon. The phone call to Groupon was to advise them that both of the above actions were in progress and I was no longer willing to return the tablet to ZoomaFX for a POSSIBLE refund. I WANTED a refund and was not going to settle for anything else. I indicated I was well aware of this vendor and how they scammed many people. I mentioned numerous on line blogs etc. regarding this specific "scam" with this tablet. I understood they were probably scammed as well but at the end of the day Groupon charged my card and they also have a satisfaction gaurentee. I made it clear I held them responsible as they are the "front" for these vendors. They said they were working on the case and would get back to me by Monday (today). I didn't hold my breath but planned to continue to follow up until they were sick of me.

Today, Groupon called and refunded my credit card. They also sent an e-mail confirmation indicating the refund. I am not certain what prompted this action (could have been BBB complaint , credit card company complaint or just my persistance). I asked what they wanted me to do with the tablet and they said nothing keep it.

So while this has been a complete headache and frustration it eventually worked....do not give up!!!! Continue to write and call Groupon. Do not bother with ZoomaFX as they will simply not get back to you. All the best to all of you!

yobaby

Jan 18, 2012
Have also received a refund from Groupon. As did FSF333, I contacted them several times and 'threatened' BBB, credit card company investigation, and CTV investigation (all of which I actually did initiate). I also told them I was aware of many people having this problem and sent them a link to this forum and to the youtube video that has a similar discussion. I also pointed out that it appears that Zoomafx has duped them and I was sorry for that but that they do have the "Groupon Guarantee" (which I quoted to them), and it was time for them to step up.

I believe that Steele on Your Side from CTV is still interested in doing a story on this. I understand that they have had their investigators contact Groupon. They are specifically looking for people from the lower mainland to interview. If anybody is interested, I'll bet they'd be happy to hear from you. They were really great with me!

Good luck everybody. Stick with it!

Sandiamos

Jan 11, 2012
Here is a copy of an email that I sent to our local newspaper Ombudsman this morning.

On November 13th I purchased a 'coupon' from Groupon in order to purchase a 7" DNG Superpad i7 Tablet from Zoomafx for $159.
I ordered said tablet on November 18th. Order was received via UPS on December 21st & was to be a Christmas present.
On Christmas day we discovered that this tablet is basically nothing like advertised. There are many problems with it.
Following are some of the issues: There are many more!
1. Does not detect our high speed wireless connection even when sitting right beside the modem (or detects a 'poor'
signal). And even when connecting to the modem it struggles to maintain said connection. As soon as we try to use it
in a room away from the modem it continuously drops the connection. I liken it to holding a pair of
rabbit ears in the air to get a TV signal.
2. The touch screen is more of a 'punch and press' screen. It requires quite a bit of pressure to get it
to respond and even then it doesn't respond about half the time. And we often get unexpected results.
As in pushing on one thing; and getting something totally different (and these are things that are not in
close proximity to each other).
3. I cannot get it to download any books.
4. The manual does not explain what the buttons on the unit are for. Nor could we find any instructions online
as to the functions of the hardware. This manual appears to be generic and not specifically for this product; and
is basically not useful for the operation of the aforementioned tablet.

I have tried many, many times to get a response from either Groupon or Zoomafx with no success; other than a
generic response.

This is a direct copy of the information from Groupons site regarding the aforementioned product.

Early desktop PCs forced their users to pound out commands on cumbersome keyboards and pay for their email's postage using quarters fed into the floppy drive. Set fingers free with today's Groupon to ZoomaFX. Choose between the following options:
  • For $129, you get a 7-inch D.N.G Superpad i7 tablet computer with 256 megabytes of RAM and 2 gigabytes of storage (a $379 value).
  • For $159, you get a 7-inch D.N.G Superpad i7 tablet computer with 512 megabytes of RAM and 4 gigabytes of storage (a $419 value).
Each tablet also includes:
  • One charger
  • One USB cable
  • User manual
Equipped with a D.N.G Superpad i7 tablet, users conquer tasks and entertain minds with a device that culls the features of a laptop, music player, and camera, plus built-in WiFi and 3G mobile broadband connectivity. Customers dance their digits over the 7-inch resistive touchscreen to browse emails, vanquish video games, or sing along to classic videos of static snow played back at crisp 800x480 resolution. Snap photos using the 2-megapixel camera, and then show off the once fleeting moments on home TVs using the tablet's HDMI port that supports output in 1080p. Fingers can also pull up a custom MP3 playlist or flip through the pages of digital tomes using eBook or other downloadable applications. Beneath the surface of the 11-millimetre-thick tablet's black front rim and silver back, a 1-gigahertz processor keeps the Google Android 2.2 operating system running smoothly. Users can slide extra memory into a TF card reader once built-in space is filled up with important documents and personal director's cuts of their children's puppet shows.

There seem to be many people who are having the same or similar problems. I would direct you to check out the following 2 links.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/22462-superpad-i7-android-2-2-tablet-pc-7-inch-infotmic.html
Start at the last page & work your way back to see all the problems people are having...some have managed to get refunds & others (such as myself) have been ignore.

[video=youtube;a473-R-riFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a473-R-riFM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a473-R-riFM[/COLOR[/video]
And here is a youtube link to the same product where many customers are having problems.

I'm not sure what you can do, however I think the public should be made aware (somehow) to be careful when dealing with Groupon as they don't appear to stand behind
their committment to customer satisfaction. Their promise as advertised on their site is copied below.
[h=3]Our Promise To You[/h]
If the experience using your Groupon ever lets you down, we’ll make it right or return your purchase. Simple as that.

Thank you for taking the time to read this & I appreciate any help that may be forthcoming (or any advice on how to proceed).

NEM3SIS

Dec 17, 2011
Hi Luke,

Thank you very much for your email and I apologize for any trouble. Feedback like yours helps us in our review of this deal and how we set up future deals. I have processed a refund and canceled this Groupon. Please allow up to 10 days for this to reflect in your credit card activity.

Thanks again and please let me know if I can help you further.

Regards,

Kevin C
Groupon Customer Support

FINALLY success. It may seem like you are beating your head against a wall, but you can get somewhere with persistence.

yobaby

Jan 18, 2012
NEM3SIS, I got the EXACT same message from our friend Kevin C at Groupon; word for word. Admittedly, I schmoozed him a bit, but since we both had success, perhaps everybody should be contacting him personally.

becks9

Jan 26, 2012
i have also made a HUGE mistake in the purchase of these tablets...i bought 3 tablets for christmas gifts for my children and they are garbage! the first tablet froze on the android within the first hour of use...the second wouldnt charge 2 days after that....the third works when it wants to work and deletes apps that have been downloaded at random! my first email to the company was december 25 and every other day since then, i have yet to get a responce! i have called and the responce i get is to email the support email address...unfortunately i cant get a responce from them...i dont know what upsets me more, the fact that the tablets are junk or the complete lack of respect and failure to rectify this issue displayed by zoomafx...FURIOUS

wilbert

Dec 23, 2011
i have also made a HUGE mistake in the purchase of these tablets...i bought 3 tablets for christmas gifts for my children and they are garbage! the first tablet froze on the android within the first hour of use...the second wouldnt charge 2 days after that....the third works when it wants to work and deletes apps that have been downloaded at random! my first email to the company was december 25 and every other day since then, i have yet to get a responce! i have called and the responce i get is to email the support email address...unfortunately i cant get a responce from them...i dont know what upsets me more, the fact that the tablets are junk or the complete lack of respect and failure to rectify this issue displayed by zoomafx...FURIOUS

Don't waste your time with Zoomafx. Contact the company that charged your credit card and demand a refund from them.

Sandiamos

Jan 11, 2012
What I don't understand is why some people are being refunded & others not? Is it a geographical thing? I contacted my Mastercard; and they say there is nothing they can (or will) do about reversing or even challenging this charge. They did offer me a chunk of Air Miles as compensation; and I guess that's better than nothing. They suggested I file a complaint with the
BBB which I have done. I am beginning to lose hope of ever seeing this resolved:-(

Sandiamos

Jan 11, 2012
Got a notice today from Groupon that my refund has been processed!!! Just goes to show that persistence can actually pay off.
Cheers, Sandra.

phantomzero

Jan 10, 2012
YAY! Just got my email too about a refund. Finally. This was a very bad experience. While I've had success 10+ times with Groupon I'm not certain I'll trust their deals in the future.

Everyone just be persistant and you will get your refund.

wilbert

Dec 23, 2011
Thought I'd try the Zoomafx old toll free number (1-888-915-8777) to see what would happen. A recording says that the number was temporarily been disabled. Surprise Surprise.

Last time I tried the number, a recording just told you to send them an e-mail.

skiddo

Dec 17, 2011
could anyone please upload the default launcher.apk from M701SA_0722_V2.1 (that has calendar and temp widget on it and offer 3d transition between workspace.

thanks.

Bcguy

Jan 29, 2012
Hey Guys.

Brand new to the Group...and this is my first post as a last resort! :)

I picked up a "Super Pocket i7" from this company - http://www.aliexpress. com/snapshot/104463570.html (take out the space)
I've read through as many posts as I can find...and tried everything that was recommended by other members but I'm still not able to get this thing working.
Long story short....Everything worked great when It showed up EXCEPT the SD card was inaccessible.
So I did a simple factory reset...and now once it powers up...the touchscreen doesn't work.
Hardware buttons still work...and it seems to like everything else is working...except the touchscreen. (which makes it useless)

I downloaded the "iuw1.2" firmware update package and tried these 3 firmware updates (VIA microSD card method)

M701_4G_8188_256.ius
M701SA_0722_V2.1.ius
M799-4G_Android_327939.ius

One gives me the "demaged package" error when I boot with the SD card
and the others gives me an error saying "wrap not compatible" with the hardware.

I can't get into the menu to check the exact hardware version at this point.
The only other thing I can tell you is that the system boots up with the numbers 0.5.02(24) in the bottom right corner.

Does anyone else have any other firmware ideas....or know how to do a hardware factory reset?
Thanx so much!!

P.S I've attached photos I took of the board and chips.

Samsung 143 K9GAG08U0E-SCB0
M701sb Ver 1.2 2011/11/04

:)

Attachments

• $IMG_20120128_091023.jpg
    $IMG_20120128_091023.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 1,108
  • $IMG_20120128_090846.jpg
    $IMG_20120128_090846.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 1,106
  • $IMG_20120128_090806.jpg
    $IMG_20120128_090806.jpg