Superpad turns off after screen is off for 10-15 min

jbailey1882

Jun 14, 2011
:confused:
All-

I have a Superpad (2 USB, 2 SD, HDMI, Ethernet) and I am having an issue with it turning off when I press the power button a single time to turn the screen off. I have tried using an app to lock the screen and turn the screen off and the tablet still will turn itself off after 10-15 min. There is no issue with the tablet booting back up after it goes off, just annoying that I must keep turning it back on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Have you checked your power settings to make sure you dont have it set to turn off?

jbailey1882

Jun 14, 2011
Yes, I currently have the screen timeout at 10 minutes. The only settings that I am aware of in Android is the Display settings, is there another place where there would be a system timeout or standby?

furher

Jun 13, 2011
I think this a feature as the manufacturer knows the heavy battery drain while in sleep mode so they have put this power off feature.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I think this a feature as the manufacturer knows the heavy battery drain while in sleep mode so they have put this power off feature.

Correct

Superpad Support Dev Sent from my LGV Ally

azvideo

Jun 30, 2011
I have the Superpad as well and I thought mine was powering off too but it's going into sleep mode like it should. I discovered that if you short press the power button and be patient for a few seconds, the display will come back on to the unlock screen. Give it a try!

Dyfren

Feb 20, 2011
Hi, I have this same issue.

I noticed that after pulling out the SD card and insert it again tablet does not turn off. The device can work all night on the screen with watch however after switching the unit to standby in fifteen minutes unit shuts down.

I also can not mount the memory card in first slot. After inserting the card into the unit card is absent.

My memory card is: POTEVIO 4GB

Partitions:
1. FAT322.9 GB
2. Ext3 700 MB
3. Linux Swap 225 MB

Last edited:

lbaker360

Sep 25, 2011
If it still under the one year. War. send it back to them and explain the problem and have them fix the problem.
Sent from my zt180 using Android Tablet Forum

Dyfren

Feb 20, 2011
If it still under the one year. War. send it back to them and explain the problem and have them fix the problem.
Sent from my zt180 using Android Tablet Forum

I bought my SuperPAD directly in China. I can not return it. From the beginning I had problems with it. I try to install Linux on it maybe this will help.