superpad v1 connected to wifi with good signal but cant open browser page?

clairenamik

Mar 8, 2013
hi i have just got a superpad v1 it scans and shows my internet connection and when i connect it conects and shows a good signal however when i try to go on line it says no connection? any ideas?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
When connected, does it still show a strong signal? If so, there are number of things you can try and I have a link in my signature below with some suggestions. The first thing I would try would be to restart your router then you might also consider inputting manual IP and DNS information. But check the link to see if something else looks like it will work.

clairenamik

Mar 8, 2013
hi it has an excellent signal but wont open any page, any ideas what i can do, i switched off the router reset the tablet ect but still nothing. thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I assume you checked out the thread I created on WiFi issues top to bottom? If so there may be a few things you should check into a little harder.

Have you, (ever), installed any app on your tablet that would have helped you tether to a phone?
Is your router set up to filter MAC addresses? (if yhou don;t know what thaty is it probably isn't)
Try using fixed IP and DNS information in the WiFi setting for your router, tap the connection go to settings advanced.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Not an easy answer to those questions. DNS is domain name server and without that you can't connect to any web site my using the name of the site. I really think the problem is your router. Try to find a public WiFi hotspot to see if you can connect. Alternatively you could do a total reset of your router and see if it works then. If you have a PC and go to a command prompt you can find the DHS numbers by typing ipconfig /all