Superpad - whats up with new "update"

teamw

Mar 7, 2011
New to android. Bought superpad from Amazon 2 weeks ago, checked for update on receipt - nothing. Yesterday I checked for an update, and there was one available. I let it update - took about 15 minutes. It rebooted without a problem. Desktop had some different icons, but market was still there and worked, and most of the native chinese stuff went away easily. Gps has never locked in either before or after update. Went into new "Help" - was different (still no help), but said 2.2 update was coming "soon" in several answers.

But here's the question - I was pretty sure that the original firmware version was 2.1 update 1 ver ?.?:#30?? (Didn't write it down, and may have been 2.?), now its Ver1.8:#2752! Did I go backwards? My data is:
Model: Sawee pad
Firmware as above
Baseband unknown
Kernal: 2.6.32.9
Build number: wwe 10-eng 2.1-update 1 ERE27 eng.inform- sqa.20101224.184001 test-keys

Other than Kernal, these numbers don't correlate to most of the info relating to flypad 2 or other pads firmware. Just wondering if I should do a factory reset to the original, or is this the latest update available? Are there fixes for the GPS?

Last edited:

JHouse

Mar 17, 2011
I bought the same pad and had the same experience and asked a similar question with no response. The update function tells me this is the latest, and it did change something and seems to work fine, so I assume we are cool. I didn't have a micro SD card immediately and it sure froze up a lot. I don't know if it is my imagination, or if I am just getting used to the pace of the pad, but since I put the chip in, it seems to work a LOT better. No more freezing. Although it seemed to recognize the chip only if it was in the far right/top slot.

Is there a forum for just this machine? Some posts seem to suggest that this is really the same pad as the Gome Flytouch II, but the firmware and update numbers are different, so I am doubting that now. There doesn't seem to be a section of the forum for a Sawee Superpad. My wife has an iPad, and all I wanted was to be able to read the news and surf a little while on the back porch, so I didn't expect much at this price, but I am very pleasantly surprised. Of course is isn't nearly as fast or powerful as my Droid 2 either, but I haven't had much trouble downloading apps and having them work and update, and today I surfed with listening to Pandora on my headphones and the quality was great and the music didn't glitch while loading web pages. I think that's kind of amazing.

wcf0444

Mar 7, 2011
Same experience for me--unit came to me with firmware 6.1.5.(587) and Firmware 2.1-update 1 V2.0:#3048--when latest update was available (2 days ago) login id showed 6.1.5.(559) and firmware 2.1-update 1.8#2752 . It looks like #3048 was the update for #2752 but caused other problems so they reverted back. I was happier with 3048 Apparently the next FlyTouch 2 update is supposed to be #3245 (according to jeffth- who was able to obtain it and install it himself) You can download it from his site-but the install process looks too daunting and scary for me-and I'd rather wait till online update is available. Does anyone have a telephone or e-mail address for technical support for these firmware changes. This SAWEE FlyTouch is fun and frustration for me-I wish it were faster and less buggy.