SVP TPC7901 Issue

Itoshii

Dec 16, 2011
So, I ordered the SPV 7" android based tablet about two weeks ago and finally received it in the mail yesterday, however I'm just now getting to it today.

All it came with was a little 2-page pamphlet, and then it's micro SD card, charging cable, and a usb cable.

Here's my problem:
I turn it on, it shows all the booting up screen, then just sits on a lit-up, but black screen. Can't turn it off with the power button, none of the other buttons do anything either. Now, I haven't let it fully charge, so I'm letting it do that now, but I would like to think it would work just fine being plugged in and charging and be able to use it. I did a search on the forum and I'm not seeing anything here on it, but does anyone here know anything about this particular tablet?

HCream

Dec 31, 2011
It sounds like your device may be damaged. Have you tried the reset button on the back of the unit?

I got the same model around Christmas. I did charge it overnight before turning on the power. Here is what happen when it boots up: a big blue InfoTMIC logo at the center of the screen --> a small Linux penguin icon at the upper left corner --> a text "Android_" (with the underscore blinking) in the middle left screen --> an animated ANDROID in the center screen. Then the Android 2.2 home screen will appear.

Hope this information helps.

jmayers3

Jan 13, 2012
I also have the same model tablet. I ordered around Thanksgiving and after receiving a bad tablet I returned it for a replacement. Now the model I received yesterday, will not even turn on. Even after a full 8 hours of charging. Could it be a bad AC adapter or is the tablet broken altogether?

Aswang

Feb 15, 2012
Hi I am new to the site, but I just got a SVP tablet today, and I have it working but I can't connect to the internet, I have set up the wifi and it is connected to the internet, but the browser won't load any URL.