Swiftkey X

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
If you still haven't discovered Swiftkey X for Android Tablets now is the time to jump to the market and snag it for half price.

It works awesome on the Acer.

Two different key layouts and 3 different skins. And with in a few days it will know what you are thinking of saying before you even type the first letter of a word.

I've been using the closed beta and it is now in the market for all.

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
OMG thought ah nah no way this isn't any better than stock ---------- OMG if you like the split keyboard for the computer your going to just love this one - its typing without moving your hands ------ takes a little bit but once my thumbs knew where to go it sped up the typing 4xs.

Thanks for the heads up on this one...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Yup, and you can switch from split to standard qwerty instantly for when you are typing on your lap or desk.

But you haven't seen anything yet. Give it a week and it just knows what you are trying to say because it learns from your typing. You will find the suggestions at the top seem to always include the word you were looking for BEFORE you even type the first character of the word. It gets better because it learns.

You can also let it scan all your outgoing gmail or facebook postings if you want. It learns faster that way.
If you don't let it scan your outgoing postings it might take a whole week to learn.

So the decision to let it trawl my email or let it learn from what I type was easy. No F***ing Way!
I just unchecked all of the personalization options and pressed DONE when going thru the setup.