Sylvania 10" Magni - Broswer Problem in Portrait Mode, Widgets Issue - Help

dmarko

Dec 15, 2011
Hi. I have the Sylvania 10" Magni. 2 Problems if anyone can assist.
#1 Broswer shuts down after 3 to 4 minutes in Portrait Mode. Goes back to home screen.
#2 Cannot add widgets to "settings"--Add application tab.

Otherwise, it seems to be functioning ok.

Are there any firmwares out there beyond 2.2 that have been tested and working on this model?

Thanks
Dave

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Are there any firmwares out there beyond 2.2 that have been tested and working on this model?

Welcome to the forum!

Depends on the Hardware Id "hwver" of the tablet as this model has at least two different versions. For "hwver=11.6.1.5" DG2.2.1-10a1 seems to be the latest.

friendlybiker

Dec 15, 2011
on the widget issue, goto the home screen(tap home button upper left on screen), home screen is divided into 3 panels(search, widgets, other tools), slide stylus left or right to change panels, on the widget panel press the menu key(located near the camera, on the side)andload your widget.

Sent from my MID using Android Tablet Forum

friendlybiker

Dec 15, 2011
On your screen issue, go to settings, display, and change the timeout time to more than 1 minute. Ps: read your manual that came w/ tablet to help you with the tablet's functions and how to use it, it's a little different than a pc or smart phone.

friendlybiker

Dec 15, 2011
Can't find any newer firmware, latest is Fryo. Hope someone develops Gingerbread for this tablet.