Sylvania 7" Express Tablet - Questions and Concerns.

If you have a Sylvania tablet, do you like it?

• Total voters

TikPandora

Aug 4, 2011
Hello android tablet forums! My name is TikPandora and I have just entered the exciting world of Android tablets.

Just recently I purchased a $99 Sylvania tablet with a 2 year replacement plan. After toying with it for a few days, I have some questions about the device.

1. Is it possible in any way to view full flash on the device?

2. Is there a guide to rooting this tablet, and will it void my warranty?

3. When I use the keyboard or tap on the screen, it gets a bit brighter for just a split second. Is this normal or a problem?

4. The microphone on this tablet is bad....really really bad. I don't really care at all because of the price point...but is there something wrong with my device? I can still hear my voice kind of...but there is a high pitched noise and a lot of background static. Am I having a unique experience here?

I am really enjoying my cheap little tablet, and have got it just the way I want it. But if there is something wrong here, please let me know.

Last edited:

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Hello android tablet forums! My name is TikPandora and I have just entered the exciting world of Android tablets.

Just recently I purchased a $99 Sylvania tablet with a 2 year replacement plan. After toying with it for a few days, I have some questions about the device.
Were did you purchase it? Was the 2 yr warranty extra cost?
1. Is it possible in any way to view full flash on the device?
I don't think so, but there has been extensive discussion about this... search forums

2. Is there a guide to rooting this tablet, and will it void my warranty?
Yes, easy to do universalandroot works fine

3. When I use the keyboard or tap on the screen, it gets a bit brighter for just a split second. Is this normal or a problem?
I think this is a unique problem with your tablet, doesn't happen to mine, have not heard this reported.

4. The microphone on this tablet is bad....really really bad. I don't really care at all because of the price point...but is there something wrong with my device? I can still hear my voice kind of...but there is a high pitched noise and a lot of background static. Am I having a unique experience here?
I think this is a unique problem with your tablet too. I might guess that #3 and #4 are some loose connections inside, suggest you return for warranty exchange. Suggest you brick the device on purpose to avoid warranty questions.

TikPandora

Aug 4, 2011
Thank you for your quick and kind response. I will be returning the tablet tomorrow or the next day before work. When I get a replacement, I will report back with my experience.

And I bought it at ShopKo...the 2 year was $5.

UPDATE

After trying another Sylvania tablet, I eventually took it back as well and then bought an Augen Gentouch. That still hasn't came in the mail.

Last edited: