Sylvania 7'' mini tablet questions...

Discussion in 'Sylvania Tablets' started by Navarre, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Navarre

Navarre Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania 7'' mini tablet
    Ok I just received one of these as a gift and I have a few questions

the first problem that i am experiencing is that the app store won't finish loading.
    It gets stuck on the message "loading catalog" and never finishes. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Internet is setup and is shown as active.

The second i haven't been able to find a good thread on how to upgrade the firmware. Its currently running 2.1 I dunno if here have been any major improvements and what not buts always nice to have the latest firmware for your devices.

2. mitzi

mitzi Member

Tablet / Device:
    7" mini tabelt
    wifi connecntion has been connect still can't get online

3. mitzi

mitzi Member

Tablet / Device:
    7" mini tabelt
    i just purchased this 7"mini tablet. i have followed the instruction but can't get internet.

would like a response ASAP !!!!!

4. Markatisu

Markatisu Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania tablet, iPad, iPhone
    Try changing the security on your wireless router to something else, the tablet joins the network the same as any other device, are you pulling an IP address from your router on the tablet?

To update to the newest firmware you have to go to Settings and then if I remember right there is an update option at the very end of the list, if that does not work there is a thread stickied about manually updating it to 2.2 (or trying to do it)

As for the app store problems, which app store? Slide4Me? Amazon? Android Marketplace? For most though go into Settings then Applications and click on whatever market is giving you problems, Force Stop and clear the Data and Cache and then reboot the tablet and try opening the market again