Sylvania Netbook Model SYNETA7

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by chiroptera, Nov 22, 2012.

1. chiroptera

chiroptera Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania Netbook Model SYNETA7
    Earlier today, I went to Safeway to update both my computers, a WIN7/Toshiba laptop and my Sylvania SYNETA7. The netbook booted up, but failed to connect. I don't know why and that is the least of my problems. Subsequently and due to the battery being low, It shut down on it's own and I left it that way, until I got home, where I charged it up properly.

Several hours later, I turned it on and it booted up to the "SYLVANIA" logo, but not to the point where it showed it cycling with a white bar and stayed that way. I shut it down, with the display panel button, and attempted to re-start it. It only got up to the "Infotmic" logo this time.

I tried the RESET button, but all that did was to shut it down and no re-start occured. I then used the front panel button to turn it on, but all it did was get stuck on the "Infotmic" screen as it did before.

After looking around on the web, I found comments about this netbook being a "BRICK". So, my question is, how do I "UN-BRICK" it? I have nothing more than just the netbook and the power/charger and a previously working 2G SD card.

Any help you may have will be greatly appreciated. If nothing can be done, well, I guess it's the right time of the year to make a doorstop out of it, donate it to a computer shop as parts or buy a new one at Christmas Sale prices at Best Buy, Wall-Mart or some other store.

BTW, I only paid $10 for it at a swap-meet. So, there's no great loss overall.

I would also appreciate it if you comments were sent to my E-Mail address of: cbradar@yahoo.com

RAY

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. staplebench

staplebench Member

Tablet / Device:
    SYNETA7
    Same problem as you. I am hoping that someone knows how to get a new image on the flash card that is compatible so that it might get a new life.