Sylvania Synet 7LP 7" Android OS 2.1 MID 1GHZ/HDMI Tablet

Sprdtyf350

Nov 26, 2010
Go to SETTINGS then System update. Believe its second from the bottom. It WILL update. But if you go back again and again it will install the same update. As to having a MicroSD card. Yeah you should have that or at the very least use a Thumb drive with the included Dongle.

I have DG1.01 firmware on mine and in order to see the system update button you have to install it first. Long press screen, or hit the menu button. Then pick shortcuts, applications, scroll down to system update and select. It will then put a system update launcher in with the rest of your programs. Maybe because you have DG2.01 firmware it was changed to show in the settings list?

Sprdtyf350

Nov 26, 2010
Here is the latest e-mail I have received from Joshua at Digital Gadgets.

I do apologize, I have been working closely with management. Right now the new update is in beta.
We are working hard on release a new software update soon. Hopefully I will have an ETA on the release.
Please bare with us. We are working hard on the update.
Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

I replied with this,

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for the update. Are you aware that these tablets only seem to output sound from one side of the headphone jack? And it sounds like the built in speaker is only playing one side of the music also. I returned the first one I had because sound only came out of one side of the headphones. The replacement unit I received does the same thing. I don't know if the update that is in Beta right now addresses this, but I sure hope so. Along with the OTG, and HDMI ports that do not work this is not a good way to release a product.

Nov 26, 2010
Just picked up a 2gig SD. Downloaded the apk twice and a different one as well, same issue every time.

Battery level refuses to increase despite being plugged in. Also have to put in my WiFi WEP every time I reboot. Pretty disappointing. Looks like I'm taking a trip back to Toys R Us tomorrow.

Under SD Card and Device Storage Settings I have a total space of 1.84GB under SD card, and then 0.00B available under Internal device storage.

I think my internal storage is faulty. Any other theories? My Droid, under the same setting has 14.83 total, 9.60 available on the SD, and 30.46MB available on internal phone storage.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
I have DG1.01 firmware on mine and in order to see the system update button you have to install it first. Long press screen, or hit the menu button. Then pick shortcuts, applications, scroll down to system update and select. It will then put a system update launcher in with the rest of your programs. Maybe because you have DG2.01 firmware it was changed to show in the settings list?

I have no app shortcut option, just widgets. Long press leads to Activity Home to stop responding.

naysses

Nov 8, 2010
ts gonna sound stupid but I am trying to learn while I am waiting for my zt... What is the difference between Universal Androot and Root explorer?
It sound like the same thing.

STi

Sep 2, 2010
I got one today. ANGRY BIRDS works along with homerun battle 3d. Screen sux and resistive sux.browsing is laggy.

2010-11-26230235.jpg

Last edited:

Mspikes

Nov 26, 2010
I, like many of you picked up one of these yesterday at Toys R Us for $140, and am trying to not make comparisons to my iPad, where I would be totally disappointed, and letting it stand on it's own. My one caveat is that while it will find my wi-fi network along with others pretty easily, it will NOT find the Wi-Fi tether that i run off of my phone... Is anyone else having this problem??

Nlaak

Nov 25, 2010
I Got my hands on the Froyo 2.2 Nexus Update. Its wide open, all networks. Can this be loaded on the Sylvania by any chance?

signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip

naysses

Nov 8, 2010
Is there any kind of root explorer that works for a lot of devices?
or at least a few of them?
It seems that I can find the latest version of root explorer (2.12.4) to download for free.
Anybody have it?

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
So this thing is better than i was expecting for the price. I thiink that if i can get the marketplace working on it i will be happy with my money spent on it. It runs angry birds better than my wifes new lg optimus s that is running froyo. I will keep in touch as i learn more about all this Android stuff

gottahavit

Nov 13, 2010
I, like many of you picked up one of these yesterday at Toys R Us for $140, and am trying to not make comparisons to my iPad, where I would be totally disappointed, and letting it stand on it's own. My one caveat is that while it will find my wi-fi network along with others pretty easily, it will NOT find the Wi-Fi tether that i run off of my phone... Is anyone else having this problem??

This is an android issue across the board. I posted(page 2) a set of gscripts that when combined with root will let you switch back and forth from your normal wifi to adhoc with your phone. That's the best you get on android right now.

gottahavit

Nov 13, 2010
So this thing is better than i was expecting for the price. I thiink that if i can get the marketplace working on it i will be happy with my money spent on it. It runs angry birds better than my wifes new lg optimus s that is running froyo. I will keep in touch as i learn more about all this Android stuff

On page 2 I posted a link to my modified google experience zip file Sylvania 7" tablet at Sears

from there you can get an android id from an emulator and get market working.

Nov 26, 2010
Universal AndRoot will actually root your phone while Root Explorer will do just that, it allows you to access files in root

Kayhold

Nov 27, 2010
So, I also picked this up at TRU and I so far, am very happy. My primary purpose of purchase was eReader, since I was going to buy one anyway @ $150, this has that plus many of the options that my HTC MyTouch has.

The main thing that I am having an issue with is the battery life.
I have to turn the power off each time or it drains in a few hours. This sucks pretty hard since when I read it's often a "5 minutes reading, 2 minutes doing something, 5 more minutes of reading, an hour of doing something, 10 minutes to read" thing.
I downloaded a task killer that is supposed to kill all processes when the screen times out, but it did not help the battery life.
Any suggestions? Even a "Auto power off after 5 minutes" app would help me out. I have small kids and often get called away and don't have the time to power off, or sometimes I just forget.

Also, its the 1.01 firmware. When I try to update, it looks like its done, reboots but nothing is changed. I've run the update at least 10 times. Any suggestions there?

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
Purchased at 6:00pm Friday evening, returned 1:00pm Saturday afternoon. Did not bother to ask for an exchange. Best of luck to those of you sticking with the device.