Sylvania Synet 7LP 7" Android OS 2.1 MID 1GHZ/HDMI Tablet

STi

Sep 2, 2010
I like the fact you can change how many rows of icons on home pages, 3d option, update app..couple of other fearures my galaxy tab doesen't have..UI is buggy, resistive screen is differcult to use..browser is laggy...screen sux and out of the box brightness is maxed...some say the screen don't sleep but it does..its under pref....here it is with the big boys!

2010-11-27194648-1.jpg

2010-11-27195011.jpg

gottahavit

Nov 13, 2010
compared to the galaxy tab ALL screen suck! ;-)

compared to everything else I thought this had a nice screen. Very bright, very good angles. it's all subjective I guess.

STi

Sep 2, 2010
compared to the galaxy tab ALL screen suck! ;-)

compared to everything else I thought this had a nice screen. Very bright, very good angles. it's all subjective I guess.
The screen is dark. The galaxy tab screen is alittle better than my ipad screen but the super amoled on my Vibrants are still the best. Plasma like and can't wait for the big amoled tv's

Overall the sylvania is not too bad i suppose. My 3 year old likes it but struggles with the resistive screen...Might return it for an archos for him but undecided.

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
How do u change how many rows of icons?

I like the fact you can change how many rows of icons on home pages, 3d option, update app..couple of other fearures my galaxy tab doesen't have..UI is buggy, resistive screen is differcult to use..browser is laggy...screen sux and out of the box brightness is maxed...some say the screen don't sleep but it does..its under pref....here it is with the big boys!

2010-11-27194648-1.jpg

2010-11-27195011.jpg

STi

Sep 2, 2010
I don't have it in front of me but
click menu then preferences. I think it's there.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
well i have market working using the instructions from slatedroid but it seems as though now my screen no longer auto rotates.

Any ideas on how to get this back working?

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
I don't see it. Are u using 2.x. firmware? Mine shipped with 1.x and the 2.x update isn't out yet for download.

I don't have it in front of me but
click menu then preferences. I think it's there.

tomh1979

Nov 30, 2010
think you'd be able to make a custom recovery for it, i installed rom manager, which of course doesn't have our tablet on there, but at least when you touch reboot to recovery it just restarts the device, so bricking the device seems like it may not be possible, my main question is does this thing even have a factory recovery, also put root explorer on it while i had a chance to, nice to be able to actually go into the workings of this thing.

teflonn

Nov 30, 2010
Hi! I purchased this mini tablet on Black Friday like so many others. It is a gift for my husband, but I am trying to load it and set it up for him before I give it to him. I don't have any experience with tablets and my only Android experience is with my HTC Evo, so I guess it's okay so far. The only thing is... I didn't realize that this wouldn't have Market! I could get by with the Slideme app provided, but I desperately need/want Barnes and Noble's Nook software (bn.ereader.apk) on here. I'm very attached to that software (and the ebooks that we already purchased on there). I've tried every way I can think of to get the software loaded, but no luck so far. Barnes and Noble Tech support is clueless and barely believes me that I have something running Android 2.1, but no Market. I've tried downloading the file and installing it manually and it does install, but it tells me that I have no internet connection (when I do) and, therefore, can't load my library.

I've gone through all of these postings and am still confused. I thought I wasn't too shabby in the technical knowledge department, but I find I am so wrong. I have no clue what flashing or rooting is.

Can anyone help me? Getting Market on here would be nice, but I really only need Nook.

Thanks in advance!

jlw0211

Nov 30, 2010
I should get mine next week and know I am finding out that there is no market on there, very disappointed. But for the money it looks like my wife and I will like it. I would really like to put market on there when I get it bit I am also lost and have no clue how to do it.

gottahavit

Nov 13, 2010
Hi! I purchased this mini tablet on Black Friday like so many others. It is a gift for my husband, but I am trying to load it and set it up for him before I give it to him. I don't have any experience with tablets and my only Android experience is with my HTC Evo, so I guess it's okay so far. The only thing is... I didn't realize that this wouldn't have Market! I could get by with the Slideme app provided, but I desperately need/want Barnes and Noble's Nook software (bn.ereader.apk) on here. I'm very attached to that software (and the ebooks that we already purchased on there). I've tried every way I can think of to get the software loaded, but no luck so far. Barnes and Noble Tech support is clueless and barely believes me that I have something running Android 2.1, but no Market. I've tried downloading the file and installing it manually and it does install, but it tells me that I have no internet connection (when I do) and, therefore, can't load my library.

I've gone through all of these postings and am still confused. I thought I wasn't too shabby in the technical knowledge department, but I find I am so wrong. I have no clue what flashing or rooting is.

Can anyone help me? Getting Market on here would be nice, but I really only need Nook.

Thanks in advance!

First thing you need is an android emulator running on your computer with a working market. have you gotten that far yet? If not and you are not comfortable with how to do so I would suggest you wait for some kind sole to put together a better solution. In the mean time there are sever "replacement" markets that you can download and install that will give you limited app libraries to choose from

teflonn

Nov 30, 2010
First thing you need is an android emulator running on your computer with a working market. have you gotten that far yet? If not and you are not comfortable with how to do so I would suggest you wait for some kind sole to put together a better solution. In the mean time there are sever "replacement" markets that you can download and install that will give you limited app libraries to choose from

I haven't done that yet, but I'm game to give it a whirl. At any rate, I might as well do something while I wait for the 2.0 firmware update.

I'll let you know when I get that far.

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
Titanium backup does not find any apps on my device...I rooted it, installed the google experience files, got market working, then downloaded Ti Backup. Did the busybox update, but it finds 0 apps! Any suggestions?