Sylvania Synet 7LP 7" Android OS 2.1 MID 1GHZ/HDMI Tablet

jlw0211

Nov 30, 2010
Question for ya all....can you use the Mico USB to charge the unit? .......please please say yes......have car chargers from my old Curve's

Imessphonesup

Dec 2, 2010
Ok this is how I got my paid apps and my free apps on my tablet.
Step 1:eek:n phone download titanium backup, and back up any apps you want on your tablet.
Step 2: download astro file manager on your tablet.
Step 3: remove your sd card from your phone with your backup apps on it, and put it in your tablet.
Step 4: Open astro file manager and locate the sd card file, open then find the titanium back up file.
Step 5: find the app apk file and tap to open, choose option extract file here, it will extract a file with the apps icon on it.
Step 6: click the file, select open file manager and it will bring up the install menu.
Then your done, I know its a work around but since you already bought or found free apps on your phone I see no harm transfering them to your tablet.

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
Question for ya all....can you use the Mico USB to charge the unit? .......please please say yes......have car chargers from my old Curve's

No. From what I've read there are very few tablets that do charge from the USB. The current just isn't enough to charge this size battery...

sanguine

Dec 3, 2010
Has anyone managed to get one of the better twitter apps installed and working? I feel like I've hunted for and downloaded about 100 apks with no luck. They either don't install or won't login (I assume because they are older and don't have oauth thing fixed). Anyway, any help much appreciated. I can live without market if I can get a decent twitter app running.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
finally got a response for Digital Gadgets about the issues with my tablet here's what they have to say.

Hello my name is Josh, and I’m with Digital Gadgets Customer Service.

I received your email about your Sylvania Tablet.

From what I understand you have some issues with the tablet.

Please update the system to 2.02 which will be release later today.

Once you update the system you should be able to use the ports on the tablet.

Please note that 2.02 will fix most of the current issues that tablet is having.

There will an another update sometime in January for Android 2.2 OS.

As for the source code, I will need proof of purchase in order to give you that information.

Thank You,

Joshua Neira

DIGITALGADGETS

Joshua Neira |Customer Service Manager
Firmware 2.02 update

On the note of the usb working or not. the computer sees it as usb mass storage device but doesn't allow me to browse the SD card or the internal storage.

There's still no option in the settings menu to turn on usb debugging.

The battery charging and status appears to be updating more correctly.

I'm running it now from a full charge to see what kind of battery life it's getting after the update.

The default launcher is different on the new firmware

as an earlier poster mentioned there some different preinstalled software than before as well.

and to my eyes it was even more responsive that the previous stock os.

edit correction:

it does allow me to see the sd with it connected to the computer with the OTG connection. It took like 2 min for the notification to show up on screen. clicked mount and i can now dump stuff onto the SD card.

Last edited:

naysses

Nov 8, 2010
At bigwooly,
Can you tell me if the g sensor (screen rotation) is working with this update?
I am asking because I read (not sure if was here or android foruns) that was working on the main screen but not working when you open any app and after the firmware 2.01 stopped to work at all and need to use the bottom to rotate.
Thanks

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
mine still rotates as it should. it doesn't work in the 1st couple of games i tried. but from what someone said over at xda i believe is that these devices have an orientation sensor and not a g sensor i have no idea personally what the difference is.

also the firmware i got today isn't 2.01 it's new it's 2.02

Deris

Mar 24, 2010
Unless the battery is much better I'm bringing mine back I only get 1 hour or so out of mine. It's in the box to go back so I'll rely on this thread to tell me if the update works.

jlw0211

Nov 30, 2010
Ok I am really on the edge on what to do....I like the having the tablet but my Incredible does the same and usually faster but I like the having the tablet around. Really petty frustrated with not having any kinda of market. I can not get appbrain to load and its killing me. Help please!!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

Deris

Mar 24, 2010
I ran the update to 2.02, looks nice. Checked the battery it was at 99%, after 35 min it was at 55%. Just to be sure I'm going to charge it for 4 hours then test again. If I can't get 3-4- hours out of it then it dosen't matter if it's a good processor or a responsive screen.

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
I ran the update to 2.02, looks nice. Checked the battery it was at 99%, after 35 min it was at 55%. Just to be sure I'm going to charge it for 4 hours then test again. If I can't get 3-4- hours out of it then it dosen't matter if it's a good processor or a responsive screen.

Are you using a task killer or have you tried removing the phone apk's? Both seem to be sucessful in extending the battery life.

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
Are you using a task killer or have you tried removing the phone apk's? Both seem to be sucessful in extending the battery life.

How do you remove the phone apks? Could you elaborate? I have spareparts and thats fun to tweak but not much in there. Disabled haptic feedback, etc. Where are the phone apks and how do I get rid of them? Thanks in advance!

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
How do you remove the phone apks? Could you elaborate? I have spareparts and thats fun to tweak but not much in there. Disabled haptic feedback, etc. Where are the phone apks and how do I get rid of them? Thanks in advance!

I've not done it myslef, but will probably try soon. It's discussed over at xda. see post 42 and a few further down. I'd certainly reccomend making backups of the files.

Sylvania SYNET7LP Work-In-Progress - Page 5 - xda-developers

jlw0211

Nov 30, 2010
OK I packed it back up and its going back tomorrow.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App