Sylvania Synet 7LP 7" Android OS 2.1 MID 1GHZ/HDMI Tablet

kxs783kms

Dec 20, 2010
Hi everyone. I'm sorry, but I'm not getting this at all. How to I get adb to connect with this thing? I don't understand the adb wifi stuff at all. I have an Android phone, so I already have an android ID, but these instructions are not clicking with me at all. Before this tablet, I had a Velocity Micro Cruz Reader and all went pretty easy with that as far as rooting and installing the Google Experience goes. I plug this in and try to run adb commands, but it's giving me the "device not found" error. If it means anything, I updated to the new 2.02 firmware before I tried anything because I saw the reader a few post above me say he has the market and Google Experience running fine on his device. I've downloaded the Gscript and everything I saw that I might need to get this working, but I'm still lost. It's telling me to drop files and install, but I'm not clear if it's talking about on the device or computer (running Window 7 by the way.) Some help would be greatly appreciated, I'm trying to have everything up and running on this for my wife for X-mas. I know there are other markets I can put on here, but I really want the Android Market since she already has an Android phone and have purchased a lot of apps that she can use on this device. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
I dont get the whole adb wifi thing either. Do i do the steps from a terminal emulator on the phone or all using command prompt on my computer?

kxs783kms

Dec 20, 2010
The computer doesn't recognize the tablet as an adb device through usb, so it can't be it. The instructions said push some files into the Gscript and then run, but how in the hell do I do that? And exactly what am I running it in? Lol.....this is crazy. I've worked with adb before to modify all of my devices (Droid X and Galaxy S, etc...) but I never had to do this wifi stuff.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
Yes run the adb wifi commands on the tablet in terminal. then everything else is done from the PC via the command prompt. (you need a working adb setup on the pc)

1 downloaded the app called gscript and put the commands for adb wifi in it in it and tell it super user needed. then when ever you need adb you just goto gscript and run the script. saves alot of keystrokes on down the road as you play with the tablet more.

I would try to do a step by step but i uninstalled the screenshot apk that came with the tablet.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
The computer doesn't recognize the tablet as an adb device through usb, so it can't be it. The instructions said push some files into the Gscript and then run, but how in the hell do I do that? And exactly what am I running it in? Lol.....this is crazy. I've worked with adb before to modify all of my devices (Droid X and Galaxy S, etc...) but I never had to do this wifi stuff.

well unfortuneately this tablet shipped with the usb's on the device no working at all for most people who picked one up early on. The firmware 2.02 release fixed being able to use the usb to dump data onto the sd card via a pc connection but still didn't give us USB debugging. so the adb wifi is the only way we've been able to use adb on these tablets so far.

kxs783kms

Dec 20, 2010
Wow......didn't know that was an app and didn't know about the terminal on the tablet. Definitely helps a whole lot. Thanks for the info.

kxs783kms

Dec 20, 2010
Alright, I'm almost there. I installed the Google Experience and everything is working fine, except the Market. It keeps giving me a "A server error has occurred. Retry or cancel...." error. Any help would be great appreciated.

Last edited:

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
Alright, I'm almost there. I installed the Google Experience and everything is working fine, except the Market. It keeps giving me a "A server error has occurred. Retry or cancel...." error. Any help would be great appreciated.
did you reboot after you pushed the androidID?

did you run this command
Code:
adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "select * from meta";
to verify the id pushed correctly?

kxs783kms

Dec 20, 2010
I'm sorry bigwooly, I should have updated my post. After 2 days of reading and learning, I have this thing running like a champ. Everything is working fine for me now.

johnjk

Dec 23, 2010
Guys,

Got the same from Sears - box says 256K ram - can the same be upgraded to 512K

Heard that And. 3 will require a min of 512

Also what if I cannot upgrade, will I continue to get apps for Android 2.1

Thanks in advance
J

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
Guys,

Got the same from Sears - box says 256K ram - can the same be upgraded to 512K

Heard that And. 3 will require a min of 512

Also what if I cannot upgrade, will I continue to get apps for Android 2.1

Thanks in advance
J

You can not upgrade the ram of the device. Right now i would worry about Android 2.2 or even getting the 2.1 features all up and working properly.

fred615

Dec 26, 2010
Tipstir,

I just got one for Christmas and have a couple of questions on things you mentioned in your first note in this thread.

1- How does one do a calibration of the screen? Mine is way off and almost impossible to do any entry into web searches, etc..

2- I believe that a device needs to come with Android Market access installed, so how did you get this Sylvania device to download games, etc.?? I cannot find any such access built-in to the one I have and every app I see on websites sends me via the browser to Anroid Market which says I need to access the website via the device... ?????

Help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks...

kxs783kms

Dec 20, 2010
Fred615, this device doesn't come with the android market installed. Luckly though, you can click on this link to find out how to get it. It can be a PITA, but it's well worth it to me. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/4229-how-get-working-google-market.html. Once you have this, you can download an app from the market called Smartkeyboard Pro. This allows you to set the keys height(enlarge them), which makes typing on this thing a lot more easy and accurate.

lan_baba

Dec 26, 2010
I followed your instructions to add the "Upgrage systme" icon onto the screen. But after I launched it and clicked "Ok", it told me "none available net connection". It is connected via WiFi to my router and I can access the web without any problem. Any idea how I can fix this? (I do have the power connected)

Mine did not have it listed at the bottom of the settings menu either. I had to add a shortcut on the desktop.:confused::confused::confused:

1. Click on the applications icon (the 4x4 grid of squares)
2. Click on the menu icon (icon with 4 horizontal bars) or press the menu button on the back side of the unit.
3. Click on the "Add Applications" icon (a filled circle with a plus sign inside)
4. Scroll down until you find "Upgrade system" and select it.

It should now be added as an icon on your application desktop. I had to run my update several times over a couple of days after shutting it down and powering in on until the 2.02 update took. After the update my system is running much better.