Sylvania Synet 7LP 7" Android OS 2.1 MID 1GHZ/HDMI Tablet

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
Tipstir,

I just got one for Christmas and have a couple of questions on things you mentioned in your first note in this thread.

1- How does one do a calibration of the screen? Mine is way off and almost impossible to do any entry into web searches, etc..

2- I believe that a device needs to come with Android Market access installed, so how did you get this Sylvania device to download games, etc.?? I cannot find any such access built-in to the one I have and every app I see on websites sends me via the browser to Anroid Market which says I need to access the website via the device... ?????

Help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks...

1. To calibrate, Click on 'Settings' then scroll down a bit to find 'Touch Screen calibrate' and follow the directions. This should help a lot. You may want to recalibrate after you are more accustomed to running it.

2. The previous post lists a link to add market, but a simple alternative is to go to Android Freeware: Best and Free Software for Android mobile platform to download the .apk files to a MicroSD card then it will install. Make sure not to click on the big blue DOWNLOAD button with the green arrow pointing at it. This is a link to another site. Instead, scroll down the page near the bottom to find the link that looks something like

Angry_Birds_1.4.2.apk (15 MB, ↓ 12678)

Then you should be able to find many of the common programs to download and install.

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
I followed your instructions to add the "Upgrage systme" icon onto the screen. But after I launched it and clicked "Ok", it told me "none available net connection". It is connected via WiFi to my router and I can access the web without any problem. Any idea how I can fix this? (I do have the power connected)

You may need to run this several times to get it to work. You should try powering down and booting up again then retry as well. It took about 4 or 5 times for mine to finally take.

fred615

Dec 26, 2010
1. To calibrate, Click on 'Settings' then scroll down a bit to find 'Touch Screen calibrate' and follow the directions. This should help a lot. You may want to recalibrate after you are more accustomed to running it.

2. The previous post lists a link to add market, but a simple alternative is to go to Android Freeware: Best and Free Software for Android mobile platform to download the .apk files to a MicroSD card then it will install. Make sure not to click on the big blue DOWNLOAD button with the green arrow pointing at it. This is a link to another site. Instead, scroll down the page near the bottom to find the link that looks something like

Angry_Birds_1.4.2.apk (15 MB, ↓ 12678)

Then you should be able to find many of the common programs to download and install.

On the calibration issue, my face is red... 10 minutes after posting, I re-read the booklet and there it was on pg. 4 or 5 in black and white...

On the issue of getting some apps loaded and working, many thanks for the link and the directions.. It worked like a charm.. The linked site thouigh, doesn't have some of the types of apps I'm looking for; spreadsheets, contact directories, word processors, etc as well as a few of my favorite games like Mah Jonng... Any links to any other sites that offer downloadable apps?

Thanks again for the help.. :)

lan_baba

Dec 26, 2010
Yeap, finally worked after several reboot, but still have not idea why. Thanks.

New question: now it doing a strange thing: after I open the browser, and type in the address, it seems it is thinking for a sec, then brings up the skyfire window to actully do the display. Any idea how this happens? I don't wan't use skyfire at all.

You may need to run this several times to get it to work. You should try powering down and booting up again then retry as well. It took about 4 or 5 times for mine to finally take.

sicktght311

Dec 6, 2010
Yeap, finally worked after several reboot, but still have not idea why. Thanks.

New question: now it doing a strange thing: after I open the browser, and type in the address, it seems it is thinking for a sec, then brings up the skyfire window to actully do the display. Any idea how this happens? I don't wan't use skyfire at all.

Was doing this for me with the 2.02 firmware install. Deselecting skyfire as default browser didnt fix anything either.

I finally fixed it by rooting the tablet and just removing skyfire manually. Also removed the phone files to extend battery life.

Check back into this and other threads. Theres plenty of how to information for rooting the tablet. Its super easy

lan_baba

Dec 26, 2010
I rooted mine with universal androot and installed the titanium backup. But I just can't remove the skyfire in titanium backup. It seems is removed, but when I start the browser, it still came back. How did you do it?

Was doing this for me with the 2.02 firmware install. Deselecting skyfire as default browser didnt fix anything either.

I finally fixed it by rooting the tablet and just removing skyfire manually. Also removed the phone files to extend battery life.

Check back into this and other threads. Theres plenty of how to information for rooting the tablet. Its super easy

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Following bigwooly's suggestion in another thread, I found a copy of Root Explorer com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer.apk and using the mount r/w option renamed /system/app/Skyfire.apk > Skyfire.apk.bak Now using Browser no more Skyfire!

lan_baba

Dec 26, 2010
Can you please give the link to that post?

Following bigwooly's suggestion in another thread, I found a copy of Root Explorer com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer.apk and using the mount r/w option renamed /system/app/Skyfire.apk > Skyfire.apk.bak Now using Browser no more Skyfire!

InFamoUs

Dec 27, 2010
can this tablet play angry birds??!!!!!!!!!!
and does it have access to the official android network

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
can this tablet play angry birds??!!!!!!!!!!
and does it have access to the official android network
yes angry birds play great...........they were the downfall of my tablet. don't let your 2yr old play angry birds on your tablet

and the answer to your second question is 2 part. no it doesn't come with official market. yes it can be added. see my other post in these forums entitled "how to get a working market" or something like that

tbreinholt

Jan 18, 2011
Where can i find information on how to warranty my sylvania tablet? I bought the 2 yr extended warranty and my screen now has a hair line crack in it.