SYLVANIA SYTAB7MX just updated it self to Ginger Bread 2.3.1

michalsok

Mar 19, 2012
Hi there.
I did not see anybody mention this but looks like Android Gingerbread 2.3.1 is available.
I just purchased this thing last week and hit the update button in settings.
It said the update was available and after it was finished, it now says Android Version DG2.3
The Firmware Version:DG2.3.1-7C2.b1

See attached screen capture.

Attachments

• $SYTAB7MX_GB2_3.png
    $SYTAB7MX_GB2_3.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 3,673

rosario5258

Mar 20, 2012
i just got one do you know how to hook a cricket broadband device to it i have a pc at home and no hot spots i want to use my device.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
you would have to write an android driver for the device to work and good luck with that, there is nothing easy about it.

bhakeman

Dec 5, 2011
Does the update wipe out your settings and apps? Just thought I'd check before I lose my stuff.

mattglad

Mar 24, 2011
gimme a step by step on how to do this in win vista 64, and i could get you that gzip. or even through the device itself. I took the plunge and picked up another one. I probably should go into gadget detox. I keep eyeballing the chinese 5 inch mini tabs that are popping up too.

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
To get a system dump you need to tar and gzip the /system folder to preserve the permissions and symlinks.
If youre rooted, you can install busy box using one of the many busy box installers (unless the tab already has tar and gz) youll need to use the terminal emulator app:
tar zcvf /sdcard/systemdump.tar.gz /system

(OR)
If you have busybox:
busybox tar zcvf /sdcard/systemdump.tar.gz /system

You may need to root and type su first.

leedef

Sep 26, 2012
My SYTAB7MX (with Android Version DG2.20, Hardware ID 11.2.7.4, and Firmware DG2.2.1-7C.b1) gives me this error message when I try to "Upgrade System"... [Failed in checking for updates ERR 401].

Any ideas on how to get it to upgrade to Android 2.3

PS... Yes, I am connected to the internet.

SteelRush

Aug 24, 2012
My SYTAB7MX (with Android Version DG2.20, Hardware ID 11.2.7.4, and Firmware DG2.2.1-7C.b1) gives me this error message when I try to "Upgrade System"... [Failed in checking for updates ERR 401].

Any ideas on how to get it to upgrade to Android 2.3

PS... Yes, I am connected to the internet.

They took the upgrade server down for these, so you can't get the upgrade. I contacted their support, but they claim the upgrade doesn't exist. If you want these devices for 2.3, AVOID them, unless we get some private developer love.

Anatoly

Oct 1, 2012
Hi I have a problem not running my tablet PC SYTAB7MX loading is completed at the Sylvania. Android version DG 2.30 how to do a full reset or reflash can you upload the firmware to him and how to flash it. Thank you in advance.