Sylvania SYTABEX7 menu button on back has broken...Way to disable it?

cpinal

Jun 9, 2012
Hello,

I was given this tablet free, and it was working pretty good for me, for what it has. One day later the menu button on the back of it has achieved this sort of, no longer springy/buttony feel, and thusly the auto hide type menu at the bottom of the screen pops up and down like "Whack-a-Mole" every time i move it even slightly. I did manage to root it already. Is there an app to disable things on the tablet? Like, say this busted menu button? Because there's one on the touch screen that works fine.

Thanks a lot!

RichInRI

May 7, 2012
Hello,

I was given this tablet free, and it was working pretty good for me, for what it has. One day later the menu button on the back of it has achieved this sort of, no longer springy/buttony feel, and thusly the auto hide type menu at the bottom of the screen pops up and down like "Whack-a-Mole" every time i move it even slightly. I did manage to root it already. Is there an app to disable things on the tablet? Like, say this busted menu button? Because there's one on the touch screen that works fine.

Thanks a lot!
Sorry i can't help you with your busted button... but i noticed that you have rooted your SYTABEX7. i've tried several times and had no luck. would you mind sharing the method you used? it would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance, rich

cpinal

Jun 9, 2012
Sorry i can't help you with your busted button... but i noticed that you have rooted your SYTABEX7. i've tried several times and had no luck. would you mind sharing the method you used? it would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance, rich

In the the big picture of things, I'm a PC. I started choosing apple iPhones when the 3G came out and havent turned back. All my iPhones so far I have jailbroken, which is similar to rooting an Android. And that sentence right there tells you almost half (or more) of what I know on the rooting subject. I know I downloaded Universal Aandroid Root, not sure of the version, sorry. I copied and apk file from my PC onto a trans flash card which I then placed in the corresponding spot on the tablet, when it recognized the file, I installed it & rebooted. All done following someone else's well communicated direction.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't know anything about your tablet if you have a /system/usr/keylayout you should be able to disable it there.

RichInRI

May 7, 2012
thanks for getting back to me so fast. every little bit helps and i gained much needed insight here. hope you have luck solving your button problem.