Sylvania Tablet Resets to factory defaults every time it is turned off.

clowe7984

Jul 12, 2011
I have a Sylvania Mini tablet that I purchased about 6 months ago, It is SYNET7LP, with Android Version 2.20. I haven't had many problems with this tablet other than about a month ago it has started resetting to factory settings everytime it is turned off and then turned back on. Data that was on the SD card, like books and other things are still there, but all my applications are gone, and I have to redo the wifi settings, time settings, set up my email accounts again. I have tried the 3 finger method of resetting it, and it works fine for a few days, then does the same thing all over again. A little frustrating to lose all my games and apps that I download. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

dman99

Jan 11, 2012
I pretty much had the exact same problem. I've had the SYNET7LP for about 4 months and it worked perfectly. Had it rooted and loaded with all my files and apps. One day I turned it on and it was factory reset. All my files and app data were still on the SD card but everything else was totally erased. Now it resets every single time I turn it on.

I tried a factory reset and it didn't change anything. At this point I'm pretty sure that some BIOS battery is simply dead and I don't feel like dealing with all the trouble to get it working, so I'll most likely open it up and try to get it working. If I can't then in the garbage this tablet goes.

dman99

Jan 11, 2012
I figured out the problem! See the attached images to see how I fixed it!

In all reality the problem was most likely hardware and there's nothing I could do about it. I got around 6 months of good use out of this tablet. RIP.

Attachments

• $tablet.jpg
    $tablet.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 3,688
  • $tablet2.jpg
    $tablet2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 2,622