Synet7lp-DS Hidden Port

Daddy8

Jun 3, 2012
Like many, I'm trying to overcome the sdcard problem (appears a firmware update ruined the ability to mount sdcards).

I can ftp ebooks, music, etc onto the tablet and copy them to /data (after rooting), but some applications that I load will only put data on external storage so I'm trying to convince the tablet that internal is external.

I've tried setting the vold.fstab, but it keeps finding the hardware and I gave up on it.

I've tried changing the init.rc file, but I can't get to the ramdisk while it's on the tablet and I have no usb port or anything to reload the OS.

I cracked the case and found a port between the sdcard and phone jack that is hidden behind the plastic. I don't know what it is so I don't know if I might be able to use it to fix my problem.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• $Ports.JPG
    $Ports.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 2,081

Daddy8

Jun 3, 2012
Ha! I just popped out the two small covers on the end with the power switch, then used a small screwdriver along both edges. It looks bad because the plastic cover over the ports is just glued on. I had to pull it out of the way.

The port is about the same size as a full sized SD port, but it isn't very deep. iIt looks more like a really big USB slot with a small board sticking out with a bunch of connections on it. It may be some other older memory port like compactflash.

Last edited:

cronikman

Jun 22, 2012
i also have the same unable to mount sd card problem with my sylvania synet7lp-ds, i can update it OTA but it wont allow me to cause i need the sd card slot to work in order to download the update. I opened the tablet and i found the same hidden port so i cut the plastic so that it leaves the port open for easy access. Now, i bought two china 7 inch Google Android 2.2 and CE7.0 tablet pc, support Flash 10.1 and decode 720p videos,pinch zoom,VIA WM8650 processor 800mhz last december and they came with (two white Dock adapters w/ 2 usb ports for adding more memory and the use of wireless mouse and keyboard)as you can see on the pictures below,it looked like it will fit on the synet7lp-ds so i decided to try it and it fit perfect so i plugged a micro sd adapter with a micro sd card to it and it is register by the tablet as a UDisk1$100_4003.JPG$100_4018.JPG$100_4019.JPG$100_4020.JPG$100_4021.JPG as you can see it shows the same mount sd card problem. The hidden port is usable and for those people out there saying that you can not connect the Synet7lp-DS to a pc because there is no port to be able to "you're wrong" here is the prove all is needed is a Dock adapter w/ 2 usb port and ethernet port and a male to male USB 2.0 cable with A-Type connections on both sides and you're good to go, i have comfirmed that wireless mouse and keyboards do work with this adapter.I dont know why would they want to hide or eliminate this port for. I just wish now somebody will use my findings with this adapter, to fix this micro sd card problem now that there is a working port or at least a solution on how to fix it on this particular model, i've seen lots of micro sd card fixes for the HDMI model by restoring it back/downgrading to the previews firmware before the update but non for this one....

Last edited:

Dragonrider19

Dec 27, 2012
Hey, thanks for the pictures you post, this adapter you show, tha plugs into this hidden port, what kind of thingr do you need to put into it? For it to fwork. It is hard to tell from the pictures shown