SYNET7LP DS Model??

kinderuser

Dec 11, 2011
i just purchased my daughter the synet7lp-ds, seems to be working fine except the slideme 4.0 keeps giving me error code 505, I noticed there is a update 4.3 sam, how do i update if there isnt any sd card that will work.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
SlideME seems to be having problems (think of the millions of new users that got Andriod tablets for Christmas) and I believe they are overloaded.

Go HERE and sign up for Amazon App Store in the upper RH box and download it to your mSD card or USB stick and install on your netbook. The microSD cards MUST BE formatted FAT32 in order to work.

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
Ok, so far this a decent tablet do not need a stylus to type and can just use my thumbs to type and not my fingernails. Still need to find a Facebook app. though so far I am happy with it.

vking1k

Dec 26, 2011
You're a life saver the key combo you mention worked for me same sylvania tablet with no usb port. Power, back, volume, then when prompted press them all again.

I tried that combination. When prompted to select require keys I hit the same buttons (power, back, volume) and I get a "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD" message. Nothing happens. What do you recommend?

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
One other thing to pass along, I noticed that mine said that it had 4GB of flash memory, but checking the settings it only shows that it has 1.99GB?? I have heard that other models have also stated this on the box only to have 2GB. Why is this??

Also wanted to add that I did have a firmware update that was in my updates section that I did on my tablet. Not sure what it did for my tablet, but was wondering if anyone else with this model has done an update like this??

Last edited:

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
I tried that combination. When prompted to select require keys I hit the same buttons (power, back, volume) and I get a "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD" message. Nothing happens. What do you recommend?

Hi vking1k. The three finger salute that you refer to here is usually the same thing as doing a factory reset itself. cfrockit would know for sure in your case. If the device loads, you can do the factory reset from the Settings. Go into Settings, then Privacy. Click Reset device, and then something like Erase Everything. See what that does.

One other thing to pass along, I noticed that mine said that it had 4GB of flash memory, but checking the settings it only shows that it has 1.99GB?? I have heard that other models have also stated this on the box only to have 2GB. Why is this??

Also wanted to add that I did have a firmware update that was in my updates section that I did on my tablet. Not sure what it did for my tablet, but was wondering if anyone else with this model has done an update like this??

stingray40, I'm not sure about your tablet, but my SYTAB10ST also says that it has 4 GB of memory. This is actually broken up between different partitions. For example, on mine I have /dev (213 MB), /mnt/asec (213 MB), /system (111 MB), /data (503 MB), /cache (61 MB), and /mnt/sdcard (2368 MB). Adding these up you get 3469 MB. There may be some hidden partitions in there as well. I'm not totally familiar with how this is broken up. That is where you 4 GB are though. It isn't just 4 GB of totally usable space.

I'm also not sure on your tablet what the update does. Mine always shows there is an update. This is a known bug in the upgrade system. You may be in the same boat that it said there was an update, when really there wasn't. My first time starting mine, I updated it like 7 times thinking there was an update! Doh!!! :)

Last edited:

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
Hi vking1k. The three finger salute that you refer to here is usually the same thing as doing a factory reset itself. cfrockit would know for sure in your case. If the device loads, you can do the factory reset from the Settings. Go into Settings, then Privacy. Click Reset device, and then something like Erase Everything. See what that does.

stingray40, I'm not sure about your tablet, but my SYTAB10ST also says that it has 4 GB of memory. This is actually broken up between different partitions. For example, on mine I have /dev (213 MB), /mnt/asec (213 MB), /system (111 MB), /data (503 MB), /cache (61 MB), and /mnt/sdcard (2368 MB). Adding these up you get 3469 MB. There may be some hidden partitions in there as well. I'm not totally familiar with how this is broken up. That is where you 4 GB are though. It isn't just 4 GB of totally usable space.

I'm also not sure on your tablet what the update does. Mine always shows there is an update. This is a known bug in the upgrade system. You may be in the same boat that it said there was an update, when really there wasn't. My first time starting mine, I updated it like 7 times thinking there was an update! Doh!!! :)

When I did the update it did say you have update to "Firmware Verison 1.something.something" Not sure of what the exact numbers were, but it did state that there was some type of update. Can't say I have seen anything different so far??

chargeit2him

Dec 6, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply cfrockit!

There was no MicroSD card with the unit.
The unit prepares the card but never mounts it. When I view the SD card on the computer is empty. It is FAT32 format. 16gb card formatted to 14.8

The card formats on my other two android devices. Even after formatting in another device the unit just trie to mount it then states it is okay to remove.

On another attempt, I got a LOST.DIR but it still did not mount the sdcard.

Hi I was looking on this forum and thought I would add about the sd card. You have to go to the settings for the card. I tapped on the unmount then tapped when it said mount it. Go to the settings and it will have two boxes on the top. On the right hand side says sd push that and you should be able to read what you have on the sd card. I hope this helps. Im on my tablet now watching the grandbabyso I'llchech if any replies when I get home.
My problem is getting flash player so I can play my facebook games. Has anyone figured that out yet?
Sandy

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
Hi I was looking on this forum and thought I would add about the sd card. You have to go to the settings for the card. I tapped on the unmount then tapped when it said mount it. Go to the settings and it will have two boxes on the top. On the right hand side says sd push that and you should be able to read what you have on the sd card. I hope this helps. Im on my tablet now watching the grandbabyso I'llchech if any replies when I get home.
My problem is getting flash player so I can play my facebook games. Has anyone figured that out yet?
Sandy

No one has really been able to get flash player working yet on the Sylvania tablets. Some people can get it to install, but it doesn't do anything. I have also read of others getting it to work on some videos, but that the video lags horribly. Hopefully soon someone will get it!

chargeit2him

Dec 6, 2011
Sandy

My home movies play that I put on the sd card but nothing on facebook works. Oh well

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
download puffin browser to have a flash player working, this browser comes with this peculiarity, so it would open any web page that handles flash

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I also have the same problem in facebook, the youtube movies that facebook shows it wont show either

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
Does anyone know the three button method for a factory reset on this model. My internal memory is reading 0 now? I did the data reset under the settings but that did not work.

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
Does anyone know the three button method for a factory reset on this model. My internal memory is reading 0 now? I did the data reset under the settings but that did not work.

stingray40, the data reset under the settings is going to be the same thing as doing the three button factory reset. Where is it showing that your internal memory is at a 0?