SYNET7LP DS Model??

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
stingray40, the data reset under the settings is going to be the same thing as doing the three button factory reset. Where is it showing that your internal memory is at a 0?

It is showing 0 under the mytab icon. It is also not reading my SD card any longer and keeps giving me a notification that I can take out my SD card everytime I turn it on. I read somewhere on here to on the SYNET7LP-DS model you can reset by hitting the on button and the back button at the same time, while the unit is off, for about 3-5 seconds a message will pop up saying hit the needed buttons to do a reset, which are the same two again. So I did all these steps and it said it was downloading the backup files and some others things and it went back to the main screen after a bit, but still shows my memory at 0?? Does anyone know what else I can do??

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
It is showing 0 under the mytab icon. It is also not reading my SD card any longer and keeps giving me a notification that I can take out my SD card everytime I turn it on. I read somewhere on here to on the SYNET7LP-DS model you can reset by hitting the on button and the back button at the same time, while the unit is off, for about 3-5 seconds a message will pop up saying hit the needed buttons to do a reset, which are the same two again. So I did all these steps and it said it was downloading the backup files and some others things and it went back to the main screen after a bit, but still shows my memory at 0?? Does anyone know what else I can do??

Okay. I see what you are saying. Mine is called My Pad. I never use it so I was a little confused. A little background. My device (SYTAB10ST) says that it has 4 GB of storage. When you install the Android OS, it partitions those 4 GB into smaller partitions (cache, data, etc). Whatever is leftover for what it's main setup is, it creates an SDCARD partition. When you pull up the My Pad, under the local tab it is showing this SDCARD partition. When you do a factory reset or three button reset, all it does is wipe out the other partitions and reset them, but it doesn't do the SDCARD parition. I would try browsing through the file on here and see what they are and try deleting a few and see where that gets you.

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
Okay. I see what you are saying. Mine is called My Pad. I never use it so I was a little confused. A little background. My device (SYTAB10ST) says that it has 4 GB of storage. When you install the Android OS, it partitions those 4 GB into smaller partitions (cache, data, etc). Whatever is leftover for what it's main setup is, it creates an SDCARD partition. When you pull up the My Pad, under the local tab it is showing this SDCARD partition. When you do a factory reset or three button reset, all it does is wipe out the other partitions and reset them, but it doesn't do the SDCARD parition. I would try browsing through the file on here and see what they are and try deleting a few and see where that gets you.

Sorry, it is under mypad where it shows zero memory. It is not even showing a tab fo my sd card. I did the power button and back button reset twice and it says "Recovery Ok" If i go to the Settings tab it shows under the SD and internal memory settings that I have 1.06 memory left, but it states "unavailble" for my SD card? I do not know what else to do?? Guess I am going to take it back to Sears.

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
Also everytime I turn it on I keep gettin a notification that it is ok to remove my SD card, whether it is in or not.

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
Sorry, it is under mypad where it shows zero memory. It is not even showing a tab fo my sd card. I did the power button and back button reset twice and it says "Recovery Ok" If i go to the Settings tab it shows under the SD and internal memory settings that I have 1.06 memory left, but it states "unavailble" for my SD card? I do not know what else to do?? Guess I am going to take it back to Sears.

They have setup these tablets a little funny. Your actual physical SD card is mounted at /SDCARD/SDCARD1. You extra internal memory of the device is mounted at /SDCARD. It makes it a little confusing. I would definitly try to go through the "Local" section of the My Tab and see what is in there. Whatever is there, just try and clean it up and remove as much as you can to get your memory up higher and see where that takes you.

Also everytime I turn it on I keep gettin a notification that it is ok to remove my SD card, whether it is in or not.

I just had another thought on this too. Your SD Card needs to be formated as FAT32. If it is something else, the tablet will not be able to read it. I ran into the same issue with a USB thumb drive and it would do the same thing. I ended up re-creating the partitions on it and then formating them as FAT32 and that did the trick.

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
Well I took it back to Sears and returned it for a new one. One thing if for sure, get a screen protecter ASAP. These screens are horrible for getting scratched easily!!

JaidousDevine

Jan 9, 2012
Yup, got the same message, bummed cuz i was having so much fun with this thing. Talked to tech support, said its a hardware malfunction. Now i have to wait 2 weeks for a return slip, turn it in to the post office, wait for it to get all the way to NJ (Im in CA) Then they will send me a new one once they recieve my old one. AAAH!!!

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
Yup, got the same message, bummed cuz i was having so much fun with this thing. Talked to tech support, said its a hardware malfunction. Now i have to wait 2 weeks for a return slip, turn it in to the post office, wait for it to get all the way to NJ (Im in CA) Then they will send me a new one once they recieve my old one. AAAH!!!

I wonder if they are doing some type of upgrade to the tablet?? I ended up buying the exteneded warranty. But if this second one fails I do not want to keep trading it back for another one with the same issues. Maybe the will have a update on their website to fix the issue??

chargeit2him

Dec 6, 2011

Do you have the number for tech support ? My tablet is doing the same thing now ! I was hoping to take this when we went away in two weeks. Guess that is out now ! I sent an email to tech support. Let's see how long it takes to get back to me.

Sandy

Last edited:

chargeit2him

Dec 6, 2011
Ok , I called the service number and they are sending me a return label for me to send my tablet back. Let's see how long it will take for me to get the label ...I live in PA

Sandy

chargeit2him

Dec 6, 2011

I sent and email to the tech I talked to and got this reply
We use ups and also your tablet should arrive sometime next week.

Thanks
Anthony

I hope....I'll let you know
Sandy

Bugcheck

Mar 12, 2012
And occasionally vexing. Mine bought me one of these Sylvania tablets at "BigLots" for $100. I have lost several night's sleep already. I had it "rooted"once with Universal AndRoot. But I could not get a working Google Market. So I decided to start over. I did a "factory wipe"of user data, then a three-finger salute (which only occasionally works) and now I have the same issue as described here: The internal memory won't mount and no SD card will mount. And I can't get it to do the three finger thing again. Unfortunately, I can't RMA the thing because I discovered the hard way that it'svery easy to insert an SD card into the device and completely miss the SD Card reader. The SD card is then lost to rattle around inside the device. I had to pry it open with an X-ACTO knife and managed to damage the case. So now I have to show my sweetie that I'm actually doing something useful with it. Any chance of loading Angstom Linux on it? I have truly had enough of Android (and iPad, too). I truly despise these content-consumption devices.

Bugcheck

Mar 12, 2012
then a three-finger salute (which only occasionally works)
On this device, the "three finger salute" is done with the "Power-VolUP-Back" combination, but it will not work unless an SD card is properly installed. I am still unable to do anything with the filesystem. It is, for all intents and purposes, a brick. It can boot and run, but all it can do is browse the web. Until the "Safe to remove" thing is solved, it's toast.

Last edited:

Bugcheck

Mar 12, 2012
I just had another thought on this too. Your SD Card needs to be formated as FAT32. If it is something else, the tablet will not be able to read it. I ran into the same issue with a USB thumb drive and it would do the same thing. I ended up re-creating the partitions on it and then formating them as FAT32 and that did the trick.
Is there a particular allocation-unit size that you used? I've done this many times with a 8GB SD card and no joy. I've formatted to 4096 bytes allocation unit using the Microsoft format tool as well as the HP USB format tool.

Bugcheck

Mar 12, 2012
I tried out the UIW1.2 tool. I tried three different firmwares. Two of them were smart enough to say, "Hey, idiot, that's not a current product!" The one for this device (P7901UC_Android_458764.ius) loaded, but didn't fix the problem. I got that file by using Wireshark to decode the traffic during an update attempt (Which fails while stating the obvious: 59MB > 0 MB).