SYNET7LP-DSOut of Space

DavidNJ

Jan 13, 2012
Hello.

I hope someone out there can help me. I think that my son's tablet is out of space.

Everything stopped, the browser, the main screen said No Network even though when I went into the Wireless area it said it was connected.

I tried to update the software and it said not enough space. 59MB>0MB.

I am assuming this means the space is full and it cant do anything any more. I have an 8GB SD Card in there but I understand you cant transfer Apps to it so I am not sure exactly how it helps.

I uninstalled 2 apps for about 30meg each but I still have the same situation. I am not sure it actually deleted the apps because it uninstalled really quickly.

How do I get space available in the internal memory? What should I be doing?

Thanks for your help.

David

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
I had about the same thing happen to mine. After about a week it said 0B memory for the internal memory. Not sure what B means. Took it back to Sears for a new one. Did a factory reset and still nothing.

jatke

Nov 26, 2011
On the Sytab10ST the internal memory has an "sdcard" card partition. This causes the external microSDs to be addressed as sdcard1 and sdcard2. So apps that normally would store data & misc. files on the external "sdcard" wind up storing that info in the limited size sdcard partition of internal memory. IMO, this creates a very poor memory structure in an OS where the choice of user-defined storage or install path is invariably between internal memory or the sdcard - which in this case is also internal memory. In 6 weeks of use the only system generated content on my external sd card is two empty folders - /.android_secure and /LOST.DIR

DavidNJ

Jan 13, 2012
So, how do I get the tablet to recognize the SD card. Can I remove the sdcard partition in internal memory? There must be a way to have it actually use the sd card.

jatke

Nov 26, 2011
You might backup the sdcard contents and remove the internal sdcard partition using the parted utility over Android Debug Bridge (ADB) from your PC via a USB-A to USB-A cable. The problem is that the tablet recognizes the external SD card slot as sdcard1. Editing the system software to have the external card slot recognized as "sdcard" is way beyond this middle-aged script kiddie's capability.

jatke

Nov 26, 2011
There are a few threads that discuss how to swap the internal SDcard partition with the external SDcard using a modified /system/etc/vold.fstab file. The external sdcard is then recognized as the internal sdcard and vice versa.

XDA thread
Android Tablets thread

The default Sytab10ST vold.fstab mount command is: dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.4/mmc_host

DavidNJ

Jan 13, 2012
I dont know about anyone else but the problem for me is that this tablet has no USB port.

So no rooting is possible, not altering files is possible.

That I know of.

This is a horrible tablet.

David