SYNET7LP / SYTABEX7 Design Quality / Durability

droidruidude

Apr 16, 2011
Hey, I'm just wondering how hard everyone has been with their Sylvania Tablet? I must say I am quite impressed the the hardware / device durability. So far, no matter how hard I have tried not to, I have continuisly found a way to pull my Sylvania tablet off of my desk (by way of the very short charging cord) and onto the caramic tile floor in my office. Now, we are talking a good 3 1/2 - 4 foot drop from desk surface to the floor, and I have done this probably no less than 5 times since I have owned this tablet. Each time, more painfuly then the other, I reach down knowing that there was no way the lcd screen or touch pad could resist breaking from such a hard impact (after all, I have managed to destroy an iPhone 3GS and an iPhone 4 in the same manner, and no I'm not proud to say that, lol). I have dropped the tablet on it's corners, flat on it's face, landing on most every "sensitive" spot a device like this would have, nothing has seemed to faze it :)

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I have 2. One has, as yours has, taken a lick'n.... It's fine. My wife thinks it is way too heavy, unlike her kindle, but that weight makes it sturdy.
The other has been dropped a few times with no damage, but the Power button and the little nub in the reset hole have kinda slid to the side... so they don't stick all the way out like before. I am tempted to pull the back off and the re-seat them. But I don't think I will open one until I have a stronger battery to put in.

I will say that I wish I had gotten screen protectors in the first few days. the screens on both are scratched. here and there. a few med ones, and a bunch of little fine ones. not really a problem until I am near sunlight and it rainbows all off the scratches...

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
I think the build quality is very good, especially given the device's price. I'm also thinking the device's weight is somewhat intentional. . . a heavier gadget appears sturdier to most folks. It is a much sturdier device than my VIA tablet is, that's for certain.