Synrgic Dreambook W7

kopeland

May 4, 2011
I'm planning to upgrade now, but it seems the beta is only for HD105? I actually dont know if I am on HD104 or HD105, how can you tell? All I know is when I upgraded to V20, that was the time that it showed me I am on HD104. But has anyone else know how to tell if you have HD104 or HD105?

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
I'm planning to upgrade now, but it seems the beta is only for HD105? I actually dont know if I am on HD104 or HD105, how can you tell? All I know is when I upgraded to V20, that was the time that it showed me I am on HD104. But has anyone else know how to tell if you have HD104 or HD105?

I don't see other way than trying HD105 and checking if led keeps on all the time. If it does, you have an HD104. Note that this will happen for all versions of 2.2, and also 2.3. You can always move back to the correspondent HD104 firmware without losing your information. But make a full backup before updating, just in case.

Erlander

May 30, 2011
I have been reading about the update to 2.3 and there are 2 parts I don't understand.

"wiping for mfg" How is this done?

and

from Manufacturing Tools Quick Start Guide "set to bootstrap mode" How is this done?

If someone answers this I hope it will help others too.

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
I have been reading about the update to 2.3 and there are 2 parts I don't understand.

"wiping for mfg" How is this done?

Power OFF device. Press Back + Power + Home for some seconds. Device will boot with a menu, look at one of the last options on that menu.
After doing this your device is in boostrap mode.

Read carefully the instrucions and always do a factory reset first (in the same menu), before any upgrade.

Duds007

Jun 10, 2011
Thanks Felipe, it is a fantastic description but I can only get to Item5 and I get instant Windows message saying "Windows cannot find driver software for this device" Yes I have full V22for MFG download and pointed the path to the Drivers folder. There seems to be no life in the tablet for the computer to recognize my tablet? although it has been connected to power but shows no indicator light. At what stage do I reload HD104 25 ? Thanks

kopeland

May 4, 2011
Thanks Felipe, it is a fantastic description but I can only get to Item5 and I get instant Windows message saying "Windows cannot find driver software for this device" Yes I have full V22for MFG download and pointed the path to the Drivers folder. There seems to be no life in the tablet for the computer to recognize my tablet? although it has been connected to power but shows no indicator light. At what stage do I reload HD104 25 ? Thanks

Are you using Windows XP?

kopeland

May 4, 2011
I don't see other way than trying HD105 and checking if led keeps on all the time. If it does, you have an HD104. Note that this will happen for all versions of 2.2, and also 2.3. You can always move back to the correspondent HD104 firmware without losing your information. But make a full backup before updating, just in case.

Yeah LED keeps on all the time until I switched it on. I guess im really on HD104. Are you also in HD104 when you update to 2.3?

sarabvi

Jul 18, 2011
Well I have just upgraded mine yesterday... its HD105

3g Connection problem is fixed
Wifi is working great..
Touch screen seems to be better
Bluetooth is working great.

No Radio at all
GPS is not working... Can't find my location at all
Sound goes off after a while, don't know why but. have to restart to get it back.

I couldn't get my GPS to work at all, I mean i tried v20, v25(HD104) v25(HD105) and upgraded to Android 2.3.3 but GPS still can't find my location... Its really driving me crazy...

Duds007

Jun 10, 2011
Hi kopeland, No I only have Windows 7 and I have been able to update once before using this computer!

Last edited:

SHRA

Jul 19, 2011
HI ALL
Im new to android . pleassssssse guide me how to install tyhis update to my dreambook w7..
kindly explain what can i do/////
I really thank u

SHRA

Jul 19, 2011
HI ALL
Im new to android . pleassssssse guide me how to install tyhis update to my dreambook w7..
kindly explain what can i do/////
I really thank u

mightyiam

Mar 5, 2011
Hi Guys there is a thread on the cyanogen mod forum about for the Dreambook W7 my handle is RingoCrazy i'm always up for testing modz will keep you guys informed will be amazing having android 2.3 cyanogen mod 7 on the dreambook rooted
Dreambook W7 - CyanogenMod Forum

Let's not get carried away, now. I'm the only one working on this device and my development experience is virtually none. Moreover, this device has a bit a a different boot configuration than other Android/CM devices so this is a double challenge.

felipe

Apr 24, 2011

Ok, I admit this is getting complicated.

Basic checks:
You wrote V22. Didn't you mean V25? The V25 for HD105 Android 2.3 should have the driver packed on the downloaded file.
Assuming you have the right download: Is there any file ending in ".inf" file in your Drivers folder? You should point your Windows to that folder, and not let Windows look for right driver for itself. Make sure you have Windows enabled to show hidden files and show extensions for known file types, just in case.

The tablet seems really dead when you connect to the PC after wiping. At the point you are, you actually can't reload directly HD104 V25; you need to format the tablet using one of the MFG versions, make the tablet alive again and then reload HD104 V25.

By the way, remembering that I use HD105 on a HD104 tablet, the read light sometimes does not power off even when I shut down the tablet.

Last edited: