Synrgic Dreambook W7

dandan7932

May 11, 2011
Hey Javelin007, what are they doing when you turn them on? do they display the green android? what about a small white blinking curser in the upper left hand corner?
if they do nothing on turn on, even after being plugged in for a day or so...
try connecting just the usb to a win XP SP2 computer and try using the mfg tools (the link is on the synrgic website as pc refresh course V22)
it has to be win XP, i havnt found a way of getting it to work with vista or win7 but others have had luck..
if the pc recognizes them as either "blank Elvis" or someting similar or "freescale blahblah" then it worked and you need to run the mfg tools program.. there is a walkthrough about 5-10 pages back..
hope this helps :)
here is a link to the post by felipe (nice work btw)
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/freescale-based/8881-synrgic-dreambook-w7-35.html#post112315

Last edited:

usoelwin

Aug 6, 2011
seek someone help as cannot open zip file, rar file in my DreamBook W7. i already downloaded unzip applications from android market and installed but still fail to open it. and my Dreambook W7 is very sensitive and very easy to hang when mini usb plug eternal keyboard or sometime during charging. since no hard/soft reset, i have no choice and have to open the device and just disconnect battery socket, worry if keep doing so my device will defect. I have sent email(asking how to ) to maker Synergic through their web site about two weeks go but until now no reply. thanks in advance for your kind help.

mightyiam

Mar 5, 2011
seek someone help as cannot open zip file, rar file in my DreamBook W7. i already downloaded unzip applications from android market and installed but still fail to open it. and my Dreambook W7 is very sensitive and very easy to hang when mini usb plug eternal keyboard or sometime during charging. since no hard/soft reset, i have no choice and have to open the device and just disconnect battery socket, worry if keep doing so my device will defect. I have sent email(asking how to ) to maker Synergic through their web site about two weeks go but until now no reply. thanks in advance for your kind help.

If you cannot unzip or unrar on your device perhaps you could unzip/unrar on your computer and then copy files to the device.

But what are you trying to do, actually?

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
... since no hard/soft reset, i have no choice and have to open the device and just disconnect battery socket...

You don't need to do it to reset your device. Of course it have a reset button. Do you see the Red/Green charge indicator light? Gently press the light with a pen or something like this, for 5 seconds and you get a nice reset!

usoelwin

Aug 6, 2011
If you cannot unzip or unrar on your device perhaps you could unzip/unrar on your computer and then copy files to the device.

But what are you trying to do, actually?

What I am trying to do is to open the company email attached file (RAR, ZIP) on the go, while my heavier laptop or PC are away, thanks anyway for your reply

usoelwin

Aug 6, 2011
You don't need to do it to reset your device. Of course it have a reset button. Do you see the Red/Green charge indicator light? Gently press the light with a pen or something like this, for 5 seconds and you get a nice reset!

Many thanks for the reply. me not aware of that reset and user guide also not mention about that reset switch. or me overlook. the device hanging happening like window 95/98 time, say battery is become low, then I plug-in adapter then hang. when I want to type with external keyboard, jut plug-in to mini USB then hang!! Is it android OS problem? or hardware problem. P.S me very first time to android and android device, just start with not higher end device.

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
This is just a guess, buy maybe you are using a wrong mini USB to USB adapter. It is known that some adapters do not work with this tablet. After some research, I found out that an OTG (on the go) adapter should be used. I have used one of these (bought at Dealextreme) with keyboard and mouse.
The issues you are finding are not common for Android nor this tablet.

sarabvi

Jul 18, 2011
Many thanks for the reply. me not aware of that reset and user guide also not mention about that reset switch. or me overlook. the device hanging happening like window 95/98 time, say battery is become low, then I plug-in adapter then hang. when I want to type with external keyboard, jut plug-in to mini USB then hang!! Is it android OS problem? or hardware problem. P.S me very first time to android and android device, just start with not higher end device.

yeah i heard about this reset button first time on this thread as well. you are right its not mentioned at all on manual.

I am having this hanging problem too, it hung up more if the headphone is connected and especial if i am watching any video on youtube. as soon as the screen goes dark, it will not come back on unless i press that reset button.

I am having an issue with GPS as well. It hasn't been able to locate my location since the day i bought and its been more than a month now. I have tried Android 2.2 v20, 25 and even Android 2.3 using mfg tools.

Ambermile

Jun 16, 2011
As you may have seen, my W7 is now totally bricked. No idea what happened - just turned it on one day and nothing but the android, not even a flashing cursor top left. Can get it to install only as a Mass Storage Device or Android Phone... this means the mfg tool will not work. No combination of button pressing on shutdown works, I can only turn it off with the reset button. The seller refuses a return, despite the fact that Synrgic have said it should go back, and now even they have stopped communicating.

An expensive paperweight, perhaps? Apart from a couple of days when I did not need to use it as a phone this had been a cool tablet... now though, just a total waste of £230 and a lesson not to believe the hype.

Arthur

usoelwin

Aug 6, 2011
many thanks sarabvi!! i am now at least need not keep small screw driver any longer to open device for reset. me not happy with battery life too, with WIFI or with 3G download its last for 2 hr max. it i my real experience, no bias no purposely no intention to down the Dreambook W7. Me still cannot relay on it as MID on the GO. me not game player(never install in device) just to use very simple work like reading emails(expected to read attached Zip, RAR file but still not successful), for searching info over the net, to down load technical info etc. i thinks those people who happy with Dreambook W7 must be techie/savvy guys.

usoelwin

Aug 6, 2011
As you may have seen, my W7 is now totally bricked. No idea what happened - just turned it on one day and nothing but the android, not even a flashing cursor top left. Can get it to install only as a Mass Storage Device or Android Phone... this means the mfg tool will not work. No combination of button pressing on shutdown works, I can only turn it off with the reset button. The seller refuses a return, despite the fact that Synrgic have said it should go back, and now even they have stopped communicating.

An expensive paperweight, perhaps? Apart from a couple of days when I did not need to use it as a phone this had been a cool tablet... now though, just a total waste of £230 and a lesson not to believe the hype.

Arthur

Hi Ambermile! me quite a new to android tablet. mine one when switch on(keep pressing ON button more then 5 second, sometime can see the android cute logo but some time not . just screen lights up then dim off. then nothing happen!!! panic and try to press ON button again, nothing happen. then press MENU button, Home button, back" button nothing happen!! like dying. finally i press Home button then back button then ON button, luckily lock screen comes up!!! its happen always, so i do this sequence procedure that works for me, may be wired and funny things i am doing in view of other people. but no choice for me . have to do it and at least its work for me. me trying to survive rather then give up and also seeking some of kind people's helps/advise here.

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
After one month of using Dreambook W7, with the called beta 2.3 version, my honest opinion is this device is a toy and not a good one. A expensive toy, with a lot of good specs, good specs that don't work well.

I have buy this to use as a produtivity device, as a phone (don't work, battery lasts only a few hours, losses network many times, people tell me that my phone is off), some times when click the power button, device is crashed, and I must reset it. Other times, device lost sound at all, and need a reset. It's not a device to a serious use.
This is my worst buy in the last years. Give up, last week I buy a Galaxy P1000 (just a few more bucks than this toy) and is another world, just works.

At this moment I don't believe that Synrgic can fix all that is wrong with this beautifull device. Good luck to all.

QMax

Aug 9, 2011
Can someone please post a picture of the Synrgic Dreambook W7 screen top-riight angle (both hw revision 104 and 105) ?
As I wrote in this post, I've found a good screen protector but it seems that camera and ambient light sensor holes are placed wrongly, maybe due to different hw revisions. My W7 is HD105 and my picture is posted on the thread linked above.
Owners of HD105 can kindly confirm that their camera/light sensor are in the same postion.

Thanks in advance.

Max

patanplace

Jul 19, 2011

Arthur

Identical situation. It is a toy with bad support' but would be nice to have it working again. no way until now