Synrgic Dreambook W7

ditman

Aug 26, 2011
Question: my W7 is still whith the stock Market, agenda enz... how to force the device to update at least the google apps ???

Joop,
W7, HD104 (B02v05-20110525)

Hi Joop,

If I am not mistaken, when you run Market you should get a notification in the bar saying "updates available" - at least, this is how it works for me. Then, you click on the notification and you get a list of the apps for which an update is available and you can select which ones to update.

Could you please expand on your problems with 3G? In my case, this is the single worst problem I face: 3G connection is lost, more often than not, when the tablet goes to standby (screen off). The only workaround I have found is to have the wifi hotspot always on, which kills the battery: I get around four hours of standby or work (no big difference, since wifi is always on).

Anyone else having this issue? If yes, how have you worked around it?

Erlander

May 30, 2011
Apart from a few apps I have installed my Dreambook is as sold. Build Number B02V03-20110509(HD105).

The 3G connection when I am away from home and wanting an Internet connection occasionally drops out but everything else I am using seems to work.

I can browse the web, send, receive and read emails. The fm radio works here in Australia. I don't know if I have the 2x speed error with the GPS as in my opinion the device is far too big to stick on the windscreen so I use my Tom Tom for that. However the GPS does accurately locate me. I don't normally use it as a phone. Again just too big but I know it works. WiFi hotspot seems to work but I need to test that fully to be sure.

So in summary, I'm happy with my Dreambook and it does what I bought it for.

joopdroid

Jun 6, 2011
Hi Joop,

If I am not mistaken, when you run Market you should get a notification in the bar saying "updates available"
I know, but on my Phone i have had already 2 newer versions. And on my tablet it stays the same.
Could you please expand on your problems with 3G?

NO 3G at all, but i understand you have to put in the sim and wait hours?? Soory but i only have one sim and can not whithout a working phone.

My agenda does't work at all and so all the calender apps on the market, so maby i have to put on a APK from a newer version of the agenda??
My gps did work in the beginning but whit one of the updates it was gone and so all the apps are useless too.

I don't know nothing about the software inside of a tablet but i wish i could make a new rom for it...

Joop

I really hoping for the 2.3 and mayby a normal working W7

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
I know, but on my Phone i have had already 2 newer versions. And on my tablet it stays the same.

NO 3G at all, but i understand you have to put in the sim and wait hours?? Soory but i only have one sim and can not whithout a working phone.

My agenda does't work at all and so all the calender apps on the market, so maby i have to put on a APK from a newer version of the agenda??
My gps did work in the beginning but with one of the updates it was gone and so all the apps are useless too.
What hardware version and which ROM are you using?

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Just about the 3G connection...

I have no problem connecting with 3G, whem I disable fligt mode and data mode is active, W7 connects very quickly to my 3G provider, and I can surf the net, get e_mails, view videos, etc, etc... the problem is when I turn off the screen, after sometime, the connection is lost, not only the 3G connection, but also the phone does not receive calls.
I'm with v25 android 2.3 on a HD105 (I say that mine the is a HD105, because before I buy I ask the seller about hardware version, and him tells me that, when I purchase mine, the HD104 is no more avaiable. Also I do not have the led problem, so I supose that is really a HD105)

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
... this tablet has a lot of potential. It would be a shame to see it die from lack of support..

I had buy mine believing in this! But have a felling that Synrgic are facing unexpecting problems. Hope I'm wrong and the broken links are a sign of the "long awaited" final 2.3 version. Cross fingers!

ash2dust

Jul 22, 2011
What would one need to start creating a custom rom from this? I know through communciations with the factory that they are developing a cellphone and another nvidia based tablet as well, so am thinking of setting up a tutorial site for this device/brand.

it does have a lot of potential, but I do not think Synrgic will provide a stable 2.3.4 version anytime soon, and maybe the only way around this is getting the community to work on a Rom for it.

But before I go asking synrgic for specific information, would appreciate it if someone could maybe list what would be needed as a base to start devleoping a custom rom
Thanks
Ash2Dust

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
Just about the 3G connection...

I have no problem connecting with 3G, whem I disable fligt mode and data mode is active, W7 connects very quickly to my 3G provider, and I can surf the net, get e_mails, view videos, etc, etc... the problem is when I turn off the screen, after sometime, the connection is lost, not only the 3G connection, but also the phone does not receive calls.
I'm with v25 android 2.3 on a HD105 (I say that mine the is a HD105, because before I buy I ask the seller about hardware version, and him tells me that, when I purchase mine, the HD104 is no more avaiable. Also I do not have the led problem, so I supose that is really a HD105)
The way I plan on solving this issue (until the perfect ROM becomes available) is to keep a regular phone for phone calls, set up a data only plan for the W7, and only turn on the 3G when I actually need to get mobile access to the internet. Likewise I plan on keeping the WiFi turned off whenever I'm not actually using it. Lastly to avoid issues with the WiFi disabling 3G (or vice versa) I think the best thing to do is only turn on only one service at a time. For example if I've been using 3G and am stopping by the Starbucks where they have a hotspot, I would turn OFF the 3G before turning on the WiFi. Then when I'm leaving the hotspot if I still need 'net access, I'd turn off the WiFi before turning on the 3G.

Seems like that would avoid the issues of loosing 3G when entering a hotspot, loosing 3G when the unit goes to sleep, and excessive battery drain. I really have no desire to make the W7 my phone too.

Last edited:

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
Anybody got copies of HD105_V24 or HD104_V22?

ditman, I can't send you a link yet because I didn't save the link I downloaded it from - but I'll be setting up a public share where you can get all of them soon.

joopdroid

Jun 6, 2011
What hardware version and which ROM are you using?

I think V25 on, for sure, the HD 104 but mayby it is the V24.

And in the trashcan i found the V17, V20, V24, V25 for the HD 104 interested??
I also have the DB_W7 patch (don't know what is is but it was on the Synergic site) and V22 for MFG

Joop

mightyiam

Mar 5, 2011
What would one need to start creating a custom rom from this? I know through communciations with the factory that they are developing a cellphone and another nvidia based tablet as well, so am thinking of setting up a tutorial site for this device/brand.

it does have a lot of potential, but I do not think Synrgic will provide a stable 2.3.4 version anytime soon, and maybe the only way around this is getting the community to work on a Rom for it.

But before I go asking synrgic for specific information, would appreciate it if someone could maybe list what would be needed as a base to start devleoping a custom rom
Thanks
Ash2Dust

What is needed is the kernel source. Synrgic's software developer has it. Since it is Linux, it is GPL and they legally have to supply it.

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
I think V25 on, for sure, the HD 104 but mayby it is the V24.

And in the trashcan i found the V17, V20, V24, V25 for the HD 104 interested??
I also have the DB_W7 patch (don't know what is is but it was on the Synergic site) and V22 for MFG

Joop
YOU BET I'm interested! I don't have the HD104_V17 - How can I get that from you? I'm pretty sure I have all of the others you listed, but I'll double check once I get back home....

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
What is needed is the kernel source. Synrgic's software developer has it. Since it is Linux, it is GPL and they legally have to supply it.
In theory. BUT who's going to enforce that legal requirement? It would take a lawsuit or a court order, and which court you got the order from would determine their reaction. If the order came from a US court they could and probably would just ignore it anyway. I mean, what's a US court going to do to to them?

What we really need to do is petition them NICELY, but persistently until they release the source code. If everyone interested started emailing Kathy at Synrgic every couple of days, sooner or later she may get tired enough of hearing about it to get them to release it...

Last edited:

joopdroid

Jun 6, 2011
YOU BET I'm interested! I don't have the HD104_V17 - How can I get that from you? I'm pretty sure I have all of the others you listed, but I'll double check once I get back home....

Does GMAIL accept 64 mb attachments? Then i can mail it? Just give your adres by PM?

We need a Chinese reading person to liassion us whith the Chinese forum than we know whats there opinion about the W7 and the (not) Upgrade...

Joop

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
Does GMAIL accept 64 mb attachments? Then i can mail it? Just give your adres by PM?
Not sure, but I know winzip will let you break a big file into multiple little files and then reassemble them into one big file again. That's what we did back in the day when we used floppy disks and had a file to transfer that wouldn't fit on one disk...

We need a Chinese reading person to liassion us whith the Chinese forum than we know whats there opinion about the W7 and the (not) Upgrade...

Joop

Yeah, that would be nice all right...