Synrgic Dreambook W7

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
Well, folks, I went to my friendly local AT&T store yesterday and signed up for their $15 per month 250Mb data plan. We put the SIM card in my W7, set the APN to BROADBAND (all caps) and viola' I now have mobile internet.

So, to recap, using ROM V16-20110324 my Dreambook has working GPS, Bluetooth, and internet access through both 3G & WiFi. I haven't fully tested everything (turning services off and back on without a reset, etc.) but at this point I'm pretty happy with what I've got - especially since I only paid $200 for a basically brand new unit.

The only thing that doesn't work is the FM radio. When I bought it I didn't even know it had a built-in FM radio, and so that really isn't a big issue for me. At this point everything is working so well that until Synrgic or some developer comes out with a fully-functional production ROM (post beta), or someone can get me a copy of the original V16 ROM (so I have the option of going back to V16) I'm a bit hesitant to mess with it.

I am still going to collect all of the ROM images I can find and set up a Dropbox or Rapidshare type of account to host them for the group, so if you have copies please, get them to me.

joopdroid

Jun 6, 2011
Well, I now have mobile internet.

So, to recap, using ROM V16-20110324 my Dreambook has working GPS, Bluetooth, and internet access through both 3G & WiFi.

I am still going to collect all of the ROM images I can find and set up a Dropbox or Rapidshare type of account to host them for the group, so if you have copies please, get them to me.

So instead of update we should downgrade to V16 ;-))
Well here it is the V17 link on dropbox:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40144383/V17.rar

Joop

EDIT: it took me 0,26 sec to find a link to V-16:
http://bbs.gfan.com/android-975165-1-1.html
On the Chinese site!

Last edited:

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
I don't know if anybody noticed, but seems that there's another ROM at the Synrgic site for HD105. I could not download it from work, but the file name does not have "2.3" anymore. Maybe it's good news for you (I've sold mine).

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
I don't know if anybody noticed, but seems that there's another ROM at the Synrgic site for HD105. I could not download it from work, but the file name does not have "2.3" anymore. Maybe it's good news for you (I've sold mine).

Actually, the removed the 2.3 from the site and put back V105 for MFG. At least there's someone updating the site once in a while!...

joopdroid

Jun 6, 2011
I found several like that - but I can't seem to figure out which link to click on to download it - I can't read Chinese!

Then open Google Translate and cut and paste the complete http link into Translate and you will have the site translated. There is a lot of interest to read!

Joop

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
Then open Google Translate and cut and paste the complete http link into Translate and you will have the site translated. There is a lot of interest to read!

Joop
Very handy info joop. Unfortunately it translates to "file does not exist" for that link. However, there were a couple of others I found and maybe if I parse them through Google Translate I'll actually come up with a working link. I'll give it a try tonight. Wish me luck...

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Actually, the removed the 2.3 from the site and put back V105 for MFG. At least there's someone updating the site once in a while!...

Hummm... this will be good or bad news? Have they give up to lunch the final 2.3 version, or are they close to do it?

Waiting to see!

ash2dust

Jul 22, 2011
Hummm... this will be good or bad news? Have they give up to lunch the final 2.3 version, or are they close to do it?

Waiting to see!

i am currently trying to get them to provide me with the Kernel source, so we could possibly get started with a custom rom. Will keep you updated on it.

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
i am currently trying to get them to provide me with the Kernel source, so we could possibly get started with a custom rom. Will keep you updated on it.
Yeah, I've opened discussions with them about this too. Kathy (International Sales) says that in order to get the source code you have to place an order for 10,000 units OR pay them a development fee of $35k. I replied to say that I believe that violates the open source license agreement, and she said to take it up with Google...

Well, my search for a downloadable copy of the V16 ROM has come to a dead end. After using 3 different search engines to find links, and GoogleTranslate to read them, EVERY link I've found has been like the one Joop posted - file not found...

d9ny

Jun 1, 2011
After i didn't used my dreambook for several day i try it and of course i should charge it coz run out of battery. I just plug it and starting recharging the battery, in term I also power it on and used it for surfing the internet for several minutes.After more than 2 hours it showed the green led lit informed the battery was full charged, then i shut it down (power off). I left it for 30 minutes and tried to power on it again but it won't powered up, then I tried to charge it again but the indicator didn't shown that the dreambook being recharged, i tried to power it on again, reset, hard reset but it didn't still worked...Can anyone help me in this case please..thanks