Synrgic Dreambook W7

joopdroid

Jun 6, 2011
And now the Drembook forum have died too... only me left here using the dreambook and the forum ???

No you're not alone i am here to, at least once a day but i have nothing new to tell about the W7, only hopes.
So tell me whay APPs do you use on your W7?? I have Thumb keybord wich i like, also Mobo player, and songbird. and more news and forum APPS...

Joop

Dreambook

May 10, 2011
No you're not alone i am here to, at least once a day but i have nothing new to tell about the W7, only hopes.
So tell me whay APPs do you use on your W7?? I have Thumb keybord wich i like, also Mobo player, and songbird. and more news and forum APPS...

Joop

Good that more people have not given up hope.

On the dreambook I use:
-Opera Browser (I just love this browser, fast, good, reliable)
-Navigon Navigation SW
-Moboplayer
-RealCalc - Very good calcylator
-Bulit in Mail client
-WifiAnalyser
-Google maps
-Youtube
-Astro file manager
-Andro Zip
-Unit converter
-Torque (Reads all engine/chassie data from my car via Bluetooth)

Erlander

May 30, 2011
I'm still here and getting email notifications of all new posts which I then read on the forum.

Still using the original firmware and haven't upgraded due to the horror stories from many who tried. If and when new firmware and Android 2.3 becomes available in a stable version then I would upgrade.

joopdroid

Jun 6, 2011
On the dreambook I use:
-Opera Browser (I just love this browser, fast, good, reliable)
-Navigon Navigation SW
-Moboplayer
-RealCalc - Very good calcylator
-Bulit in Mail client
-WifiAnalyser
-Google maps
-Youtube
-Astro file manager
-Andro Zip
-Unit converter
-Torque (Reads all engine/chassie data from my car via Bluetooth)
Sinds i have no GPS or agenda on my w7 there is no use for me to have APPS for that, and i don't watch video to spare battery life
I also do have Aldiko reader for my e books but i have a problem: all the images of the books are shown in the gallery and sinds i have 4000 books it takes a lot of time to load them and i don't even want to use the pictures. Is there anyway to prevent the gallery to load the cover jpg's???

And i use Documents To Go: when i go on a holliday trip i make a HTML document whith all the information i need like maps, sightseeing, history, and i make hyperlinks in my document to navigate to the diverent pages. It is verry usefull to save complete webpages on sd card to read on the go (no wifi or 3g)

Grtzz,

Joop

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
I'm still here and getting email notifications of all new posts which I then read on the forum.

Still using the original firmware and haven't upgraded due to the horror stories from many who tried. If and when new firmware and Android 2.3 becomes available in a stable version then I would upgrade.
Ditto - are you running V16?

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
Android Version 2.2
Build Number B02V03-20110509(HD105)

Where do I find the Firmware version?
You have Version 20.

It is embedded in the Build Number. Most versions of the ROM have the version number right before or after the "V", such as V16B, V24, V25, etc.

On V20 they got the characters out of order - it should be B20V instead of B02V...

At least you've got the HD105 version of the hardware.

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Even I am still here, and I don't even have a Dreambook anymore!... If something really awsome happens, I'll tell the person I sold my tablet.

Dreambook

May 10, 2011

cubamellama

Aug 18, 2011
hi guys....i have a questions...to resolve our problems...is it possible to install a firmware of another pad that it looks like the w7??

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Well, it is strange, Synrgic does not answer any mails and have not released any new firmware for 3-4 months now.

At the same time they are putting out new ads that they are hiring new/more personel so they can not be completely dead.

Senior Software Engineer / Software Engineers Middle-ware Integration job - Synrgic Research Pte Ltd
R&D Mechanical Engineer job - Synrgic Research Pte Ltd
R&D Engineering Assistant job - Synrgic Research Pte Ltd

Of course they are not dead, simple chinese companys don't spend time and resources with support clients. It's not in her culture. They produce and sell... nothing more!

To be fair not all chinese companys are like Synrgic, some that have gain international reputation, have some decente client support. But only a very few number.

I think actually Synrgic is more faced to chinese market than Europe or USA market. Look: In the internacional version of Synrgic website, actually you can only get the old v25 version of android 2.2, but on the chinese version pages, the "suposed" beta 2.3 Android version is still avaiable. What conclusion do you get?

Some facts about Synrgic:

Type of Business: Manufacturer, Distributor/Wholesaler, Trading Company, Exporter/Importer
Employees: 10
Year Established: 2010
Certification: ROHS, CE
Annual Sales Volume: $1M to $5M
Export Percentage: 1-20%
Annual Purchasing Volume: $1M to $5M
Contract Manufacturing: OEM Services, ODM Services, Buyer Labels Offered
Ownership Type: Sole Proprietorship
Registered Capital: $251,000 to $500,000

And the most ridiculus:

"Synrgic is always focusing on the development and operation of 3G network for mobile platforms. We insist the principle of “all is for users”. Thus, we have created a new generation of mobile internet device platform MID (Mobile Internet Device) which is a high technology product based in between the users and mobile internet device platforms.
"
This is precisely what works bad on the Dreambook W7, and my decision on buy Synrgic Dreambook as based on this statement. I have trusted that a company that have is focus on 3G mobile platforms, will produce a device that at least in this domain works well, cause what I need is a 7" Andoid phone, with good and always on 3G internet access (I need to be always accessible by e_mail or phone).

If is also what you need, buy a Samsung P100. Works well as a phone, internet access, and also for the other things .

Last edited: