Synrgic Dreambook W7

DustoVanDusto

Nov 1, 2011
Sadly, I just purchased a dreambook W7. Not much works out of the box and I'd like to know what I can do with this thing besides huck it in the trash or use it as a fancy door stop. I'm not tech savvy at all concerning android, but I am willing to do whatever I need to get this thing working as it is advertised!

kopeland

May 4, 2011
Sadly, I just purchased a dreambook W7. Not much works out of the box and I'd like to know what I can do with this thing besides huck it in the trash or use it as a fancy door stop. I'm not tech savvy at all concerning android, but I am willing to do whatever I need to get this thing working as it is advertised!

Can't you return it to the seller?

What is wrong with it? is it not charging? no power at all?

DustoVanDusto

Nov 1, 2011
Can't you return it to the seller?

What is wrong with it? is it not charging? no power at all?

I can't get GSM/EDGE to work. It wont connect to my desired network. Also, Bluetooth doesn't work. So, using it as a phone is kinda out of the question.

kopeland

May 4, 2011
I can't get GSM/EDGE to work. It wont connect to my desired network. Also, Bluetooth doesn't work. So, using it as a phone is kinda out of the question.

Can it read an Micro SD card? maybe you should try to upgrade the firmware. You can find in this thread the step-by-step procedure to upgrade it.

Dreambook

May 10, 2011

Have you set the APNs and all parameters accordingly to you Mobilen Network Service Provider isntructions ?

DustoVanDusto

Nov 1, 2011
Have you set the APNs and all parameters accordingly to you Mobilen Network Service Provider isntructions ?

yes, to a "t". Over and over again. I tried taking the "put the card in, reboot, set network parameters, reboot" method more than once, to no avail. AT&T will always show up, but not GCI.

Dreambook

May 10, 2011
yes, to a "t". Over and over again. I tried taking the "put the card in, reboot, set network parameters, reboot" method more than once, to no avail. AT&T will always show up, but not GCI.

AT&T shows up ??? But you have a GCI SIM card ???

Do you have bad coverage so the unit roams into AT&T network?

Can you make phonecalls and semd SMS?

Have you set all APN settings.... Example:

Tap on Wireless Controls
Tap on Mobile Networks
Tap on Access Point Names
Press the Menu button (usually a physical button below the touchscreen)
Tap on New APN
Set the Name to: GCI Data
Set the APN to: web.gci
Set Authentication Protocol to: CHAP
Set APN Type to: default
Press the Menu button again and tap on Save
Tap on Access Point Names again (it should have taken you back out to the Mobile Networks screen after you saved)
Press the Menu button
Tap on New APN
Set the Name to: GCI MMS
Set the APN to: mms.gci
Set the Authentication Protocol to: CHAP
Set the MMSC to: http://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672
Set the MMS Proxy to: 209.4.229.92
Set the MMS Port to: 9201
Set the APN Type to: mms

CAMARGOD20

Nov 15, 2011
i have my dreambook w7 dead, I enter to the boot menu,and select an option tat kill my tab and I can no tretrieve anyone know I can do.now only comes android logo yourself. and not going anywhere dont star or enter tho the boot now..(sorry for my bad english)

kopeland

May 4, 2011
i have my dreambook w7 dead, I enter to the boot menu,and select an option tat kill my tab and I can no tretrieve anyone know I can do.now only comes android logo yourself. and not going anywhere dont star or enter tho the boot now..(sorry for my bad english)

Don't worry. You may still be able to restore it using the MFG tools.

Please try to browse the whole thread on the procedure to restore it.

Edit: here's the link:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/freescale-based/8881-synrgic-dreambook-w7-40.html#post113477

Last edited:

rdjones0548

Sep 28, 2011
I have a dreambook w7 and I cant get it to connect to my wifi network. It trys to connect and it connects and then it disconnects. It does this over and over again. What is wrong?
Rowland

kopeland

May 4, 2011
I have a dreambook w7 and I cant get it to connect to my wifi network. It trys to connect and it connects and then it disconnects. It does this over and over again. What is wrong?
Rowland

What firmware version do you have right now? maybe try to upgrade to the latest firmware version 24 and see what happens.

AlexG1

Jun 18, 2011
For those who had killed his tablet firmware: Synrgic DreamBook W7 -

And so, restored their polukirpich. Of course, no soldering is not managed.
And since everything in order: in the pictures that were laid earlier, there is a flash drive, soldered near an element with the symbol "0". This bridge, built-in power fuse stick. Remove the cover of the screen, bottom tear-unsoldered carefully otherwise not get to the item.
removed this element and the plate came in flashing mode mfgtool-ohm. Soldered in place jumper two wires ran mfgtool, locked these postings are short, and pressed the start ... lo and behold, she went firmware. After flashing a soldered in place element. Display and modem have been completely removed when the firmware, that would be cables and connectors are not damaged.

All operations with a soldering iron, to carry out only with the battery disconnected!

In general, for those who are friends with a soldering iron, problems with the restoration of brick should not be.

Last edited:

DustoVanDusto

Nov 1, 2011
I've done all that EXACTLY correctly a number of times. Deleted it all, started over, rebooted, etc. GCI never works but AT&T shows up as roaming. I can't send text, but if I want to get online through AT&T network its roaming. I know I have coverage anywhere I am at in town, at work, or home, or even anywhere in the state! The SIM card works just fine on HTC cell phone and it even worked fine on my wife's Android dual sim phone. For whatever reason I can't get the GCI network to show up. Thanks for the help though.