Synrgic Dreambook W7

DustoVanDusto

Nov 1, 2011
AT&T shows up ??? But you have a GCI SIM card ???

Do you have bad coverage so the unit roams into AT&T network?

Can you make phonecalls and semd SMS?

Have you set all APN settings.... Example:

Tap on Wireless Controls
Tap on Mobile Networks
Tap on Access Point Names
Press the Menu button (usually a physical button below the touchscreen)
Tap on New APN
Set the Name to: GCI Data
Set the APN to: web.gci
Set Authentication Protocol to: CHAP
Set APN Type to: default
Press the Menu button again and tap on Save
Tap on Access Point Names again (it should have taken you back out to the Mobile Networks screen after you saved)
Press the Menu button
Tap on New APN
Set the Name to: GCI MMS
Set the APN to: mms.gci
Set the Authentication Protocol to: CHAP
Set the MMSC to: http://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672
Set the MMS Proxy to: 209.4.229.92
Set the MMS Port to: 9201
Set the APN Type to: mms

I've done all that EXACTLY correctly a number of times. Deleted it all, started over, rebooted, etc. GCI never works but AT&T shows up as roaming. I can't send text, but if I want to get online through AT&T network its roaming. I know I have coverage anywhere I am at in town, at work, or home, or even anywhere in the state! The SIM card works just fine on HTC cell phone and it even worked fine on my wife's Android dual sim phone. For whatever reason I can't get the GCI network to show up on my dreambook though it all works fine on my wife's android. Thanks for the help though.

Ximno

Nov 26, 2011
Has anyone got a solution for stable SMS recieving??

For some reason My phone opnly sems to accept SMS from my work phone..

Ambermile

Jun 16, 2011
Well, to be true I have had a few of the issues mentioned in that review but the statement that Synrgic have stopped support is not correct - indeed my tablet is currently at Stansted having been repaired by Synrgic and sent back with Fexex.

Arthur

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Hi Ambermile

And now the issues are corrected? The GPS is no more reporting dobble speed? Have they upgrade the firmware?

I just don't understand why the promised final release of Android 2.3 as never been released.
For now I just pretend to use my Dreambook as a big screen GPS, for produtivity (daily use at office) I had bought another device.

Ambermile

Jun 16, 2011
Hi Ambermile

And now the issues are corrected? The GPS is no more reporting dobble speed? Have they upgrade the firmware?

I just don't understand why the promised final release of Android 2.3 as never been released.
For now I just pretend to use my Dreambook as a big screen GPS, for produtivity (daily use at office) I had bought another device.

Not sure - it's at Stansted on the way here - eta is Wednesday :D

plastilin

Dec 5, 2011
Hello, all. who know about blue tint on screen, see photo (i have recieved my tablet with this bug). How i can fix it? In internet i read about DRIOD CALIBRATOR, but for use it i must install zip from sdcard. Zip file can installed from Clockworkmod recovery, any know somthing about CWM recovery for our device?

Last edited:

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Hello, all. who know about blue tint on screen, see photo (i have recieved my tablet with this bug). How i can fix it? In internet i read about DRIOD CALIBRATOR, but for use it i must install zip from sdcard. Zip file can installed from Clockworkmod recovery, any know somthing about CWM recovery for our device?

The roadblock to the implementation of this is that SurfaceFlinger, the window control application in Android, would have to be converted to OpenGL ES 2.0, which some devices don't support

I think you can't use this utilitie, because Dreambook don't support OpenGL ES 2.0. Can anyone confirm this? I say that because some aplications that depend on OpenGL don't work well on my device.

Ambermile

Jun 16, 2011
Thank you Ambermile. Please give us some feed back about your Dreambook after it is repaired. Firmware version, etc...

Bit of an issue at customs clearance apparently - had to convince them it was a returning repaired item else I would have had to pay the VAT again! It is currently being reported as sitting in the local depot of Fedex so it *may* come today... if not Monday I suppose :(

Ambermile

Jun 16, 2011
OK, it's back, it's working, it's 2.2, it's Build 20 V06. Wifi working, radio working (so Bluetooth also), struggling with GSM right now, also struggling with GPS (I am off the west coast of the Congo apparently!)

*EDIT GSM now working, (airplane mode/turn off/turn on/wireless on), GPS now working (though not the speed - I was hitting nearly 20 kph in the lounge... ), messaging working (vodafone pay monthly network). So far, so good it seems.

Last edited:

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Ambermile, thank you for your report.
Wish you good luck with your repaired device.
Seems that the GPS bug (double speed report) can't be fixed, it's there even with first version firmware.

Last edited:

Ambermile

Jun 16, 2011
Last thing here - Kathy informs me that 2.2 is still the newest *stable* version for the W7 right now.

So, I am leaving mine as it is... mostly working as I want (in fact the only glitch really is the GPS speed (which bothers me not at all)) and that suits me fine!

device-2011-12-12-135635.jpg

Arthur

Last edited: