Synrgic Dreambook W7

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
There are still issues with the Dreambook that we have found and passed to Synrgic, they seem very proactive and willing to put these right which is a good thing.

Maybe a separate bugfix thread would be a good idea?

A few issues for example: HDMI connected switches off the Dreambook screen and allows no control, the audio is not carried via the HDMI so will need to pass from the headphone jack. A connected mouse does not work correctly, moving the mouse just highlights homepage icons instead of a cursor which you get on other tablets. Losing control of the screen with a HDMI connection would not be so bad if we could operate the tablet with a wireless keyboard and mouse for example, then whilst connected to a big screen tv for movie playback, web browsing etc it would be fine although will not be able to play games.

There are others but hopefully we will see these fixed shortly, Synrgic take a different view from end users to a degree in the sense that they look at the positives of the Dreambook and its good features that work well but do take feedback of problems very seriously and work hard to improve the tablet further.

Last edited:

myzter

Apr 3, 2011
that is my biggest peeve with W7. Every review have this great spec tablet for $380 and then proceed to show the features which can found on a sub $150 tablet.

Recovery model update download :SD_V22

dimisx1

Jan 24, 2011
The w7 specs report 8 gb memory but my inand memory is only 4.75gb is something wrong with my tablet?

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
The w7 specs report 8 gb memory but my inand memory is only 4.75gb is something wrong with my tablet?

The total 8GB internal memory is split between iNAND Storage and Internal device storage(/data)

Internal device storage is displayed below iNAND Storage.

emmert_m

Mar 30, 2011
But the nice thing about this is when i hooked it up to the pc windows xp recognizes it as an "android phone". I like the fact that I am being able to keep my current sim and data plan since it is technically a really big cellular phone. For some reason i'm only getting edge speeds and not 3g, but nonetheless, Dish network remote access works great even at edge speeds on the w7. There was still the touchscreen issues while sim installed as has been discussed, but as for the video stream itself, i was really amazed at the picture/sound over the slow speed.

myzter

Apr 3, 2011
translated from:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://bbs.gfan.com/viewthread.php%3Ftid%3D1259979&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhimZzcVOoNbr6gyGVM8VLeAkg5AFg

V22 V23ROM brush with the oil card door, attention, and after brushing.
When the error open the back WIFI phenomenon.
Brush needs to enter the recovery times boot.ing
After entering the system at the time, WIFI will be able to properly use.

V23ROM Description: The new features added to the system update, settings -> Privacy -> System Update (from SD), the system will automatically enter recovery mode.
Wifi hotspot system to the new features added.
Newly added mouse functions, adding usb can read U disk function.
Enhanced anti-noise features Bluetooth headset and audio playback of HD buffer problem.

?

ErikJanVens

Apr 21, 2011
V22 V23ROM brush with the oil card door, attention, and after brushing.

?

:confused: To me, it doesn't make much difference reading the Chinese version or the machine-translated version thereof. LOL. I have no idea what to do.

Anyone already tried it? Is the procedure very different from the previous version?

Thanks in advance, Erik-Jan

emmert_m

Mar 30, 2011
well, my build number ends in parenthesis "(HD104)" So. I'm assuming this makes me incompatible with v23. As per synergic site: "Hardwares version HD(104)& HD(105)are not compatible"

I'd be willing to give v22 a try if someone figures out what "MFG" means.

valeur

May 4, 2011
Hello my build number is HD 104 and i have installed V23 without any problem.
New build-number is : B02v02-20110429(HD104)

ErikJanVens

Apr 21, 2011
Hello my build number is HD 104 and i have installed V23 without any problem.
New build-number is : B02v02-20110429(HD104)
OK. Thanks. This encouraged me.

My build number is also HD104 and so I followed the normal instructions. The Dreambook ran through the normal stages and after that all worked again. I didn't do a total reset before updating.

Since the Dreambook is fairly new, I guess every update is a must-have which I will install as soon as it comes out. But in the future I would like to see a changelog so I can decide if the update is for me.

kopeland

May 4, 2011
Hi Guys, so i got my "so-called" DB W7 yesterday. It comes in a White box, inside is all-white, unlike the ones i see in you tube with neon green color inside. It comes with the usual charger, usb cable, and earphones. I comes with the Synrgic Manual that is printed in black-and-white, which is different from the Manual that I downloaded from the Synrgic site where it is in full-color. I dont see any Synrgic label on the tablet itself.
Edit: Well, the Synrgic lable must have been under the sticker that shows the serial number and IMEI

some other info:
Kernel version : 2.6.31-xxxxx-dirtyroot@ubuntu-org #40

Build version : V16-20110324

My questions:
Do you guys think this is this Synrgic version or no?
Do you have the same Build-version when you got your DB W7 out from the box?
Can I upgrade to the latest firmware?
Anyone got it with the same package as mine?

TIA

Last edited: